the last unicorn dvd help

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Adam_D, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Adam_D

Adam_D Stunt Coordinator

a female friend of mine really wants a copy of the last unicorn on dvd, but as i found out there is no region 1 copy to be found (all i can find is region 2 and 4). does anybody know a web site where i may possibly be able to order a region free copy for her? thanks for any help.

adam

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Read this thread and you'll see where I bought a player at Radio Shack (was on sale for $58, now back to $69.99 I think) that has a region-free hack. I ordered Last Unicorn from Germany (NOT UK or Australia...those are pan-and-scan; German version has an English 2.0 track and English 5.1 track...here's the link). Cost me (converted to US Currency) just under $40, and almost half of it was shipping. But well worth it, and my entire family has enjoyed this 3 times since it arrived! [​IMG]

3. Adam_D

Adam_D Stunt Coordinator

thanx Dave[​IMG] i did see the post about the cyberhome player in the deals forum. i was trying to avoid buying her a new player but it seems like it may be my only option if she wants it. thanks for giving me a heads up on the difference b/t the aussie release and the german as well.

adam

4. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

I would like to see the last unicorn come out in R1 aswell. I bet they will release it to tie in with the live action feature of the last unicorn which will hit theatres christmas 2004. They have a website devoted to the upcoming movie and it's pretty cool. You can check it out at the url below.

Last Unicorn Net

5. Dan Lindley

Dan Lindley Second Unit

Maybe you can sate your friend with "Little Unicorn" which I just picked up for my daughter at DVD Empire.

Good luck, Dan

6. David Norman

David Norman Producer
    Supporter

David, a question about the German import disc. Is this PAL only or is it NTSC? My player is all region (old Sony 7000), but I don't think it will play PAL discs.

7. David Lambert

It doesn't say either way anywhere on the box, but according to Amazon.DE it's PAL.

Did I mention that it comes with a sheet of stickers (sheet is roughly the size of the insert booklet, or perhaps just a bit smaller)? The stickers are characters from the film, suitable to give to the kiddies. Of course, we are keeping and treasuring our stickers! [​IMG]

8. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

David,

that radio-shack player converts PAL to NTSC as well as the region-free hack? How can you watch PAL on your system?

thanks!

dave [​IMG]

9. David Lambert

It converts.