What's new

The Last Stop!!!!! (1 Viewer)

braden

Agent
HOPE THAT MADE YOU READ THIS!!!
I posted on other forum too....Need some quick input so I can have this system ready to go before next weekend!!!

I WAS VERY NEW TO THIS ABOUT A MONTH AGO, NOW I HAVE READ THIS EVERY NIGHT FOR THE LAST MONTH AND MY WIFE WANTS A DIVORCE!!!!! LOL

OK, GETTING TO THE POINT

I HAVE ORDER ALL MY COMPONENTS TO THE HT

HK AVR630 (will be here tomorrow)
SVS 20-39CPi (received last night)
Ascend 340s across the front with 170s in the rear(Ship out Mondy)
Mitsubishi Gold Series 1080 65in HDTV
Motorola HD cable box
Need good DVD player for about

Dean_S

Second Unit
Lots of people like Blue Jeans Cable but I've been buying the Dayton cables from Parts Express (component, analog RCA). I've been using the Sound King 10ga speaker cable and Dayton bananna plugs from PE also. I'm happy with all it and it was cheap. I'm not new to the high-end cable scene but I'm convinced you can get very good cables on the cheap if you know what to look for.

BTW: I own lots of expensive cables and don't think any of them are any better then what I have in my HT from PE.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
As to the cables, I agree with Dean_S, some really good cables can be had cheaply. Home Depot carries 10 gauge speaker wire, and Acoustic Research has some pretty decent cables for cheap. I was partial to Monster in the beginning but after realizing that similarly built cables from AR, GE, Radio Shack's Gold series, allow me to pick and choose and save money as well. Adding on to the thread, I strongly suggest an upscaling DVD player like Samsung or the one I just got the Zenith DVB 318. With your setup, (especially that Harmon 630) it a damn good one. You got HD, DVI connection for your PS2 and an upscaling DVD player for your component input (yes it does upscale to 1080i via component), times are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks