What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Following the surprise and runaway success of the now classic Star Wars (1977), many studios were itching to cash in on the space opera craze. Some have gone on to achieve cult status – Luigi Cozzi’s Starcrash (1978) & the Roger Corman produced Battle Beyond the Stars (1980) come to mind – while others fell short with both audiences and critics alike (Message from Space quickly comes to mind). Released a year after Return of the Jedi, The Last Starfighter is an unapologetic yet delightful riff on the formula; previously released on DVD and Blu-ray by Universal, Arrow Video has licensed the movie for a brand new Special Edition Blu-ray release.

The Last Starfighter (1984)

Released: 13 Jul 1984
Rated: PG
Runtime: 101 min

Director: Nick Castle
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi

Cast: Kay E. Kuter, Dan Mason, Lance Guest, Dan O'Herlihy...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I bought the blu ray and watched it a while back. I had fond memories of the movie and was shocked to discover how much I now dislike it. It just didn’t stand the test of time for me. I even got tired of Dan O’Herlihy’s breathy laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks