What's new

The Last Ship Season 5 (TNT) (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
This show makes me feel like my dad whenever I watch the overly long combat sequences full of self -sacrifice, never leaving your man behind, and last second saves by a clever maneuver or the cavalry. Also, tons of people getting shot. Man, he loved movies and shows like that. He would watch Rat Patrol even though I'm not sure he followed along the plot -- he was just waiting for bang bang pow pow. I'm not as into it as he was even though I am older now than he was when he was watching Rat Patrol.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Saw the latest episode tonight after watching the end of the World Series. My first reaction is how many original castmembers are going to be killed off or injured before this show comes to an end? Seeing Miller get hurt so badly last week and then the assault on the Command Bunker this week. Not real sure I Iike what I'm seeing security wise. There's no way an amateur team could penetrate American defense protocols preventing a breach like that. And yet it all happened anyway. At least the Americans came back to retake the command center, but still, a lot of loss of life.
And poor Meylan.
How much more worse is it going to get?

Last edited:

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm thinking Tom Chandler must be a super hero. This season has been such a departure. The hallucination season and now the dumb security season. Glad this show is coming to an end.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The moment POTUS started crying and confessed on camera, he became expendable and should have been treated as such. He'll never be seen as anything other than compromised the remainder of his term.

I'm thinking Tom Chandler must be a super hero.
That was what made his ploy with the torpedo at the end so stupid. He's George Washington and Ulysses S. Grant and Dwight D. Eisenhower all rolled into one. Tavo is a cult of personality, presenting a compelling narrative. Chandler is the rebuttal to that narrative: the hero who brought home the cure, saved democracy, ended the famine. The country could have survived the death of POTUS, but it might not have survived the death of Chandler.

He wants to be in the thick of the action, but he's past that point in his career now. He's more important as a symbol.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
At this rate, the master chief will be the only black supporting character to survive until the end.

Burk was serving as XO on the Nathan James, so he literally had to be reassigned so they could kill him off.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I realize this is "semi-realistic" fiction, but the cast is taking heavy casualties. I realize that most people now understand the "war is hell" reality, but I am having trouble finding characters to root for. Will the Captain and her spouse get back together or is he under the kiss of death since he just has to go on "one more mission"?

I was pleased to see the Southern belle come out of hiding to encourage her soldier with his rehab.

Still not sure how I feel about Tavo and his wife, the Tarot card reader. I guess she is just that good at reading people or the small room was bugged.

This season has been watchable out of a sense of completion, just not quite "must see".

Oh well, only one more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks