'The Last Seduction' SE announced - will it be anamorphic??

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bruce Morrison, May 3, 2006.

1. Bruce Morrison

Bruce Morrison Supporting Actor

I've seen details of a 2-disc SE of 'The Last Seduction' announced for Region 2 (UK) release on June 12th. It will include both an extended director's cut and the standard theatrical release version, and will have a director's commentary.

The one important piece of information not mentioned is whether this will be anamorphic. The present R1 DVD edition is not anamorphic and, in fact, is presented in a 4:3 ratio. As the film was shot open-matte, at least it can be zoomed on a wide-screen TV to give a 1.78 ratio approximating to how it was seen in theatres.

Does anyone know for sure whether the new SE will be anamorphic?

2. Jace_A

Jace_A Second Unit

Well, the current R2/R4 DVD is anamorphic, so I don't see why the SE will be any different.

3. Dave GR

Dave GR Stunt Coordinator

4. Dax P

Dax P Stunt Coordinator

Hope that gets a R1 release soonish (I'm not adverse to eventually collecting other regions' discs - have one of the baby Cyberhomes that will play them-, just haven't started yet, and maybe a little fearful of 'opening that floodgate', if you know what I mean...). Love the movie.

Anybody know why that Fallen Angels tv episode would be included (without conducting a search)? I'm guessing 'directed by Dahl', but don't know... wouldn't think 'both star Pullman' would be enough...

5. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S

The Dahl/Pullman/crime combo, I guess. . .in any case, it sounds interesting. The "Fallen Angels" TV show sounds so familiar -- yet I can't say for sure if it's something I used to watch!

This UK release sounds great. I adore this movie.

6. RichardCrowther

RichardCrowther Stunt Coordinator