What's new

The Last of Us, Part II (Naughty Dog - PS4) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
It may be because I waited forever to play it, (just finished it earlier this year) but I thought the first game was kind of a shrug. Definitely didn't live up to the hype surrounding it for me.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm doing my best to avoid all spoilers on it. I don't understand why anyone wants to read the story before playing the game.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'mma say it once: anyone who posts spoilers here is going to get a one month vacation minimum and a hard ban if warranted. Not aimed at Morgan, I know he wouldn't, but anyone tempted: DON'T.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
My most anticipated game ever. The first is still imo the greatest game ever made.

Currently playing thru TLOU for the sixth time in anticipation of the sequel.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Awesome news. TLOU was the BEST game I've ever played.

Terrific teaser. I don't think it's gonna be either of your two predictions Josh...or at least I hope not. I say two years before we can play it. Gonna suck waiting. [emoji31]
So it turns out to be a 3 1/2 year wait after that first trailer.

That was torture.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Absolutely cannot wait for this game. Finally. Already blocking out playtime starting next week when it drops, here. The first one was a haunting experience that has remained with me to this very day, and I have zero doubts that the sequel will deliver the goods too.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also, some amazing news:

Chernobyl co-creators Craig Mazin and director Johan Renck are re-teaming at HBO in order to develop a full, regular weekly hour-long TV series based on The Last of Us:

Renck directed every episode of last year's absolutely-terrific Chernobyl, which was stupendously dark and bathed in dread, and every episode was written by Mazin, so this project seems like something right up these filmmakers' alleys.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Some other reviews were more mixed basically talking about the brutality of the game. One week away.

Gamespot gave it an 8 out of 10.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
By the way these are non spoiler reviews.

I’m sure I’m gonna love it but there’s no way it will surpass the original for me, which was perfect. And that’s ok.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
NO SPOILERS

So who’s playing? I’m about 4 hours in. Amazing.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
So last night I decided to try to finally finish the first game. I got through about a third of it on original release and I thought I was close to the end after doing a bunch more on remaster release. Turns out I still had a good third of the game to go. I also couldn't find my save on my machine and freaked out for about 10 minutes until I pulled my cloud save down. Whew. Didn't lose a second. I played about 3 hours last night and am now in the final chunk, having just reached the dam and gotten in to meet the survivors there. I should finish it this weekend and on to the sequel, with a jump to the side story in between if I can.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So last night I decided to try to finally finish the first game. I got through about a third of it on original release and I thought I was close to the end after doing a bunch more on remaster release. Turns out I still had a good third of the game to go. I also couldn't find my save on my machine and freaked out for about 10 minutes until I pulled my cloud save down. Whew. Didn't lose a second. I played about 3 hours last night and am now in the final chunk, having just reached the dam and gotten in to meet the survivors there. I should finish it this weekend and on to the sequel, with a jump to the side story in between if I can.
I would do the side story before the sequel @Sam Posten

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks