What's new

The Last of the 65" Mitsubishi's at Best Buy....Model: WS-65315 (1 Viewer)

Matt*B

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

As most of you know, I am getting ready to get monster of a TV known as the 65" Mitsubishi WS-65315 RP HDTV. I checked at the local BestBuy here in Detroit, and the salesperson looked in the system and said that that TV is slated to be discontinued by BestBuy in July, and there are 205 units left.

Now, does anyone know how this will work -- I assume a new(er) model will be coming out. Either way, when July rolls around and/or the stock gets real low, will BestBuy put this model on clearance?

Thanks for the input,

Matt!

John S

Senior HTF Member
They are already running some clearance type pricing on those displays. They may go a little lower, but with 204 left, I'm not sure it will come to that. Mitsu CRT RPTV's are pretty darn popular still.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Especially 9 gun CRT's. Those are considered the best CRT RPTV's you can buy, by many.

Matt*B

Stunt Coordinator
is this tv a 9 gunner? where's a place that would tell me these specs? the mits spec sheet doesn't mention that...

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Bahnson

Auditioning
I haven't hard any news as far as discontinuing this TV, (I still have at least 400 in stock) however, I can pretty much guarantee you that when the new one comes out, there will be little difference between the two other than asthetics and price. The model number will probably be WS65317 and it'll be $200 cheaper. But that doesn't change the fact that BB probably paid somewhere around $1400 for these sets, they're going to make their money on this...don't expect any huge discounts on new in box units come july.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I thought you had to go one level higher for the 9" CRT's... I think they are 7" in this one.

Matt*B

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,

Nice name...lol... So, if the new model, let'
s say it's the WS65317) does come out -- you said it may be $200 cheaper or so? Does that mean it will be a newer, better TV for a few hundred less? Or would it be some economy model, perhaps? Where do you work?

Later,

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Bahnson

Auditioning
The pattern I've noticed over the past few years since Mits started their line of HDTV's has been WS65311 - 313 - 315 I'm guessing it'll be 317 before long. As far as the differences between the two....I'll say this. The differences between this years 315 and 3 years ago 311 is velocity scan modulation, DVI input, HDCP decoding and the overl look of the case. The case changes every year and I don't expect that to stop. Price generally drops by $200 per year model advancement, and that's just a guess for this year. Again, pure specualtion, and I wouldn't wait for the new one as they will not have any SERIOUS deals on it for a while, especially if they're trying to get rid of the WS65315.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks