The Last Kiss

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Abby_B, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

I keep seeing trailers for this, and I really want to see it. I think Zach Braff is a really good actor. (And I loved Garden State and this looks like it will be another one of those good kind of figuring out who you are kind of movies that I absolutely love.) And I also love me some Tom Wilkinson. He's so underrated.

And, if anyone was curious - the soundtrack is *great*. I want Zach Braff to come make mixes for me at my house, he has excellent taste in music.

2. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

3. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    I liked Garden State, but this one kinda looks like more of the same.

BTW, I was surprised to find out that Braff didn't write or direct this one!

4. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

If I read that review am I going to get any massive spoilers or anything? (Just checking!)

I think this one will be a little more focused on a kind of multigenerational sort of plot - I think that Blythe Danner and Tom Wilkinson will be a lot more featured than Ian Holm was in Garden State. Seems like the point of the movie is that you have to live with the choices you make, or I guess even figure out how to even do that - no matter how old you are. I think it looks like a smart movie, in that way, does that make sense?

I can't really complain about Braff night writing it, since Paul Haggis did. He has a lovely touch with dialogue...especially about more complicated ssues (Yes, I really loved Crash.)

5. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

That part seems pretty fair to say. Alongside bad decisions comes others' forgiveness (or lack thereof), and, ultimately, whether or not you yourself can forgive. I really don't want to elaborate on any of it (or "correct" you any more than I have), though, since I hate spoilers.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I didn't much like this film, mainly because some of the situations seem too contrived, too forced (mainly the Rachel Bilson character's, Kim's, forwardness at the exact moment of crisis for Zach Braff's character Michael). And then shoehorning Jacinda Barrett's character Jenna's parents' after-midlife crisis as a parallel to Michael and Jenna's situation just never gelled for me. The other subplots (of their friends) aren't too interesting either. A miss for Paul Haggis's script, and Tony Goldwyn's direction called for odd camera angles that just didn't work for me.

I give it 2 stars, or a grade of C.

7. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

I enjoyed this a lot. I liked showing all of them at different relationship stages, and the fear of growing up.

8. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I was really hoping to enjoy this movie. Zack Braff is great on Scrubs and in Garden State, be he seemed a little too stiff in this role, not himself. Different friends with different problems, but none of them seemed to attack them in a realistic manner, and the Braff/Bilson storyline was a complete mess , and as Patrick said "some of the situations seem too contrived, too forced (mainly the Rachel Bilson character's, Kim's, forwardness at the exact moment of crisis for Zach Braff's character Michael)"

"The other subplots (of their friends) aren't too interesting either." AGREED, and they all seemed to tie themselves up way too quickly and in ways that don't feel realistic.

I actually laughed out loud when the Braff/Bilson line started. I actually had the urge to get my money back.

I give it 1.5 stars, or a grade of D

B