What's new

The Last Broadcast (1 Viewer)

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
A belated thanks to you Mr. Lockwood for starting this thread. I hope you do not mind, but it appears I have monopolized this discussion and not once asked if you had decided to view the film.
Please accept my appologies for my oversite and please chime in on this discussion (especially as to whether or not you are going to view the film or not).
By the way, because this thread was started by someone who hasn't seen "The Last Broadcast" yet, you might want to go back and add spoiler tags to your post above, where you blow the entire ending of the movie.
Where appropriate, spoiler tags were used when I made my posts. I feel my untagged comments are ambiguous enough not to give away the ending.

GaryEA

Second Unit
Is this a debate or a thesis?

As someone who enjoyed both films, I'd like to say that this debate really belongs in its own thread. The debate is authentic, as there is a history between the two films, but the initial question was whether the TLB was any good (mentioning BWP isn't needed to answer this), the quality of the DVD, and if it would be worth Mr. Lockwood's while to watch.

I was engaged in this debate within its thread until it became self-serving. I hope Mr. Lockwood will enjoy his viewing if he chooses to, and I look forward to hearing his opinion afterwards.

-g

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
As with many posts, this one evolved into a debate comparing two films of a similar genre (admittedly from me initiating the comparrison). Many threads discussed in this forum evolve beyond their original scope, which is not a bad thing IMO.

As for the self serving comment above, I am not offended by it in the least. Realistically most posts are self serving to the extent that whether or not we iniate the topic or merely participate, we do so to ask for information we would like to know or offer it to others when we have it for them. We know the same courtesy will be accorded to us in due time. This is self serving by definition, as we will benefit from our own actions down the line. Thoguh we may not be conscious of the connection, it still does exist. And that again, IMO, is not a bad thing.

Sometimes the forum exchanges become debates; or maybe even a thesis or two regardless of original intent. Examples like Dolby Digital vs DTS and OAR vs P&S, are but two that raise emotions high on both sides of their respective discussions. That's what I thought this was all about...discussions.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks