What's new

THE LASER'S EDGE: Very happy with service! (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I order a lot of DVD product every month --
all of it done exclusively by mail-order.
It is not unusual for me to drop $200 on
a slow month to $400 on a big month. For
that reason, I am very particular about the
service I receive and when my DVDs arrive at
my doorstep.
I have been doing a lot of moving around
lately as far as my on-line ordering is
concerned. Although I have had great
success with my past choice of on-line
retailer, I wanted to see what else was
out there.
Upon reccomendation from quite a few members
of this forum, I tried http://www.lasersedge.com
Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Ron,
I have to agree with you on the service at the Laser's Edge. The only downside is that they do not have an accurate online accounting of what's in stock.
I ordered Dances With Wolves DTS along with two Criterions. When I got a message that they were out of stock of DwD, I sent him an e-mail asking him what the likelyhood of getting it back into stock seeing that Image lost their license to produce it. He agreed that it wasn't likely and cancelled the DwD and sent my other two DVDs on their way.
It's nice to deal with a store that understands the mentality of DVD buyers. This is definately where I will purchase my Criterions from.
--adrian
------------------

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
I concur. I have bought from them several times, and I have never had any problems what so ever.
icon14.gif

------------------

Matthew R

Agent
Count me in as satisfied new Laser's Edge customer. I ordered the DVD of the classic western "My Name Is Nobody" from them and received it today, much more quickly than I expected. They were also selling the disc (which is a Canadian import) for $26.95, compared to $38.49 at Amazon.com. I'm glad I gave them a try, and I'll definitely be using them in the future.
--Matthew

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well, this is the place I jock for all the time being that I'm from Indy. I go in the place at least once a week. As I have said before many times, these guys are old school from way back in early LD. We used to go rent LDs from them in 91-92 or so and they'd been around awhile then. We would drive from southside Indy to their far northside store all the time just to rent (40 minutes 1 way). They were renting LD when no one else in this city even knew what it was.
The benefit is that these guys understand the product and the customers. They are users like us. And it's a real, physical place rather than some computer system organizing distribution from all different places.
The store floor is a lot like Dave's, but with less hardware. It's well organized and friendly. Luckily I now work on the northside so I can swing by at lunch or after work.
I know they put an effort in to making sure you will get your titles ON TIME, as long as the order is placed in reasonable time (they don't fill online orders on SAT or SUN because the couple of online guys aren't there those days). That's how mom and pop they are. You are going to see the same staff of 6-7 people in there all the time. If you pre-order by a week or 2, you should be VERY satisfied with their efforts in filling your order in a timely fashion.
Again, a lot like a Midwest Dave's. That's gotta be a good thing.
Indy may be short on CPU stores and HT hardware stores, but at least we have a killer DVD store. :) If you live in Indy it's worth the higher price on Best Buy leader items to get all your stuff in one pass at Lasers Edge because unlike the local BBuys or CCities, they have it and it's organized.
Also regarding this
quote:I have to agree with you on the service at the Laser's Edge. The only downside is that they do not have an accurate online accounting of what's in stock.
As I understand it they are working very hard to clean up their system to correct any stock reporting issues. And the good thing is that if you call them or email them, they will respond to you.
When I was in Houston and far from my handy LE, they still got me a King of New York LD when no one could find it and they were the one store that had copies of Criterion Samurai 1 and 2 when it was running very short for several months.
Oh, and they leave out free promo posters of stuff the staff doesn't want themselves. So that Crouching Tiger may be hard to get, but if you would just like some general posters to fill out the theater or to rotate, I'll bet some digging will come up with a Replacements poster or something. I don't think they will ship those though. Probably just an in-store thing.
frown.gif

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Oh, and I forgot. The reason I found out about this thread was that they mentioned that Ron started buying from them and put up this nice post. I didn't realize you had switched, Ron, and was surprised. So I figured I should come in and show my support for your choice as well. :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Just bumping since I think my last post got lost in the outage shuffle. Making sure LE gets the credit they have earned from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks