What's new

The Larry Sanders Show (every rumor about future releases in one place) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The article says a release is coming in October or November.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about this being a season 2 release - I think it's the best-of that was mentioned in that linked TSoD article from 9/04. The article mentions it being a season 2 set, but Garry doesn't mention season 2 in his quote at all. Plus, here are the episodes those celebrities that Garry mentioned (as being in the extras) appeared in:

Sharon Stone: Season 3, episode 8
Ellen Degeneres: Season 5, episode 4
Tom Petty: Season 6, episode 11
Jerry Seinfeld: Season 2, episode 17

Seems like a best-of to me.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll hold out for season sets. I'd love to get this and see it, but I'm not losing any sleep.

Mike*SC

Second Unit
I'd prefer season sets of this brilliant show. But if "Best of" is what they're offering, "Best of" is what I'm buying.

Stephen Lilley

Stunt Coordinator
All things considered, it's probably just the Comedy Festival "Salute to The Larry Sanders Show" disc that he had been talking about.

It'd make more sense to test the waters, too, than putting out a Best-Of. You put out this tribute disc, see how it sells, and if it does well enough you start moving ahead with seasons, as opposed to putting out a Best-Of and then selling people the same episodes again later.

Not that I won't buy whatever gets released.

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I'll get the Best-of, like I just did with Sgt. Bilko, because another dozen or more of one of my favorite shows is better than nothing... It may even "encourage" them to release more.

The sound you hear is me whistling in the dark.

John

Stephen Lilley

Stunt Coordinator
Some folks on the IMDb boards took this to mean season sets were coming... who knows. SOMETHING is coming, which is all I care about.

A November release means we'd get a press release... when? July-ish?

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Well... I have just about managed to get every episode onto dvd... I say every, cause one episodes ran late 'My Name is Asher Kinglsey' and the other night the weather was down and knocked out the transmission of 'Adolf Hankler.'

As much as I'd love sets... they quality of the R1 season 1 was awful, in fact, while I have to put up with ad breaks and the annoying ident from TV, I'd be quite happy to take what I have got.

Rob Jones

Auditioning
Real Name
Robin Jones
I've been recording the ITV4 shows as well, only missed a couple I think and here we are at the end of the series already. At least the one hour final ep is a classic ( Warren Beaty in his car, being asked by Larry to come onto his show to say goodbye: why don't I just say goodbye to you here? Drives off.... )

Watching the whole series again, I'm convinced it's without doubt the best comedy series ever seen - absolute class.

I listened to that recent radio interview too, and get the strong impression it's a "best of" Garry is working on - he comes on air and says he's just made a note of the episode they were discussing just before he comes on: Larry telling Paula that there are hot towels in the office somewhere.
Like he wants to include that one too....

Anyway, at least it'll be a proper best of, unlike that disc Colombia came out with. Clearly, they just randomly chose 5 or 6 ep's ( from same season I think ) and chucked it out there. ( though Hank's sex tape is on there, which is probably one of the best )

And Larry says he's putting hours of extras on there - so I'll definitely be buying it.

Going back to some earlier posts, I agree it's very likely the music rights issue that is proving a major pain in the neck. I work for a film studio and can confirm that music rights issue are a legal mine field and can take forever to sort out.

Well, until next time..............HEY NOW!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I didn't stay up to watch it but Shandling was supposed to be on one of the late night shows yesterday (Leno or Letterman). Was anything said?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks