the land that time forgot

Discussion in 'DVD' started by bob kaplan, Jan 1, 2004.

1. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Supporting Actor

bob kaplan
    i know i saw this mentioned somewhere...but doing a seach i was not able to find any info...
    MGM has released THE PEOPLE THAT TIME FORGOT in their midnite movies. Do they hold the rights to LAND THAT TIME FORGOT as well...i would enjoy having this title on DVD. i dont think it was ever released on LD or i would own it!!
    thanks.
    bob

2. Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell Second Unit

It's available on German R2 under the title of 'Caprona: Das Vergessene Land'. It's a pretty good transfer ( 16x9 ) with a few interesting extras. One of these extras is a condensed version of the movie ( Super 8 version ) in German only. There's also a ten minute documentary in English ( poor quality but interesting ). The disc includes the original English soundtrack with removeable subs.

3. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    MGM is releasing the people that time forgot next month for region 2. its been out on dvd for region 1 since last year.

JACOB

4. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Region 1? I've never seen it or heard of this title in Region 1. I just found out that there's a Japanese version, and I have the above mentioned German Region 2 DVD (which is quite good, considering the source). But no Region 1 (perhaps you meant the Japanese Region 4 release?).

5. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

jacob states that The People Time Forgot was been out in Region 1 since last year. Which is true, of course. And it's a nice DVD to boot.

The Land Time Forgot is still MIA in region 1... although it was scheduled for release as a double feature with the 50's version of The Blob from Goodtimes about a year ago. It was cancelled shortly before the release date.

6. Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell Second Unit

I've heard that the Japanese edition is 4:3 with burned in Japanese subs. I've never seen a copy to confirm this though. I've seen the movie screened 4:3 open matte on tv - some studio lights are visible in one of the model shots. It really cheapens the whole look ( although some might say it already looks pretty cheap ).

7. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    I was talking about the sequel to the land that time forgot. It's been on R1 for a while. I did see the land that time forgot on dvd a while back. it was for R1.

JACOB

8. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

Hmmm. Perhaps it was a bootleg? or canadian?

9. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    It was not bootleg.. It was from k-mart years ago..
    I do have contact with director Kevin Conner. He had not heard anything about land that time forgot on dvd. However he does own the DVD of people that time forgot and At the earth's core. I did an e-mail interview with him about the people that time forgot.

www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdouglas

JACOB

10. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Excuse me - I can't read either it seems.