The Land Before Time: Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jesse Blough, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Jesse Blough

Jesse Blough Second Unit

It's coming out on Dec. 2, but I can't find any other details about it. I'm really hoping it's in widescreen, that's all I care about.

Anybody know anything about it?

Thanks.

-edit-

You can find the cover art on dvdtoons.com I didn't link to it because I don't wanna leech bandwidth

2. William Waits

William Waits Stunt Coordinator

I would like to see this OAR as well. Apparently, Universal can't give us this... Not too many places with specs, but according to CD Universe and DVDToons, it will be released as MAR'd 1.33 again!!! Why are we being tortured so? Heh, universal: This should be released OAR, and is a perfect release to do so. It took WB 3 releases, but they FINALLY got Space Jam done right, and then there is the Willy Wonka re-re-release in order to get a OAR... Kids (i.e Family) fare deserves OAR as well. We have spoken, but why aren't you listening?

I guess at this point, I can only hope that the specs on the two sites are incorrect and maybe just using filler information from the previous release (Like Amazon does alot apparently until they get updated info). However, both list extras such as Featurette - Jurassic Park Institute, Bonus Short - In-Theater Entertainment Short , and Interactive Game - Map of the Land Before Time Game which makes me think that they have the full gamut of specs and posted them correctly. In leiu of a press release or public official announcement, I guess that this release won't be done properly. I can assure Universal that I won't be "upgrading" this release. [BTW, our current release was a gift from a relative]

3. Christian P

Christian P Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]

4. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I would have picked this up in a heartbeat too. Well, money saved for me and money lost for Universal [​IMG].

5. Jesse Blough

Jesse Blough Second Unit

Crap.

Well, maybe there will be a widescreen version on the flipside that they're not telling anybody... Maybe...

*crosses fingers*

6. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    Universal, I really want to buy this film on DVD, as it is one of the earliest animated films I saw in the theaters, that I can remember. Please give us a proper widescreen version, even if it has to also contain a Pan & Scan version. People who prefer Pan & Scan can already get a DVD of this film, and that crowd probably does not care too much for the extra's anyways. Please give US a chance to own the version that we prefer!

7. johnbr

johnbr Stunt Coordinator

I would like to see it come out oncut word at the time was it was 10 to 15 min's longer.[​IMG]

8. Jesse Blough

Jesse Blough Second Unit

"Universal, I really want to buy this film on DVD, as it is one of the earliest animated films I saw in the theaters, that I can remember. Please give us a proper widescreen version, even if it has to also contain a Pan & Scan version. People who prefer Pan & Scan can already get a DVD of this film, and that crowd probably does not care too much for the extra's anyways. Please give US a chance to own the version that we prefer!"

Amen.

Why make this new release another fullscreen when there is already a release out there that's fullscreen? It makes no SENSE. People who own the original DVD and don't care about aspect ratios won't upgrade while people who do care would gladly upgrade! This is bad business on Universal's part.

"I would like to see it come out oncut word at the time was it was 10 to 15 min's longer."

Seriously? That would make sense considering I always thought this movie was kind of dark to begin with.

9. William Waits

William Waits Stunt Coordinator

... And while we are at it, there is We're Back and American Tale to be released (in OAR)... OK universal, let's get on the ball, shall we?

10. Jesse Blough

Jesse Blough Second Unit

Does Universal have a habit of doing this? And if so, why?

11. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Jesse, Universal normally releases multiple versions. No idea why they would do this. Maybe there's a seperate widescreen version that hasn't been added to the e-tailer sites yet.

Any chance they'll make a good sequel while they're at it?

12. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
  13. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard