What's new

The King from the Burger King commercial...pitch man or homicidal stalker???.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am so creeped out by the King in those Burger King commercials. I think somethings wrong with the guy. In one commercial he is outside a house staring in a window. And now in the newest one. He sinisterly stares at a iron worker on a skyscraper construction site....then after making the guy feel comfortable with a cup of coffee (probably poisoned). He "jokingly" almost pushes him off a girder 100's of feet up. Just sick. ;)

GaryDW

Auditioning
I agree. When I saw the first one with "The King" superimposed over NFL players, I thought they were just bad. Now they are downright scary. :)

Talk about selling the company image...

G

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
At first, I was weirded out by the Burger King but I have to admit that I find the ads funny now. I liked the one over the summer with him and Darth Vader breathing at each other. And the one where he's playing football amused me too. Although the one where he's on the skyscraper is a tad strange.

I guess if the idea of advertising is to make you remember the product, it's worked. That being said, if I saw him outside standing outside of a Burger King, I'd go to McDonald's. :)

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
What about the one where this guy's in bed and the King is lying next to the guy just staring at him. If I woke up one morning and that thing was staring at me it would scare the crap out of me! Freaky indeed.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
someone starts a topic on this every month it seems.

i love these commercials.
but i have a dark sense of humor anyway.

i wish the showdown could have been on the latest star wars dvd.

seriously, i would buy a dvd with all these ads included.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

Man...I should have bought a mask when they were cheap. I still want one! :frowning:

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The Vader/King breathing contest is probably my favorite commercial of all-time. You know it's bad when the Burger King mascot is actually scarier than a Dark Lord of the Sith. :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Brent, don't give Lucas any ideas for the next round of Special Effects changes to the OT!!!! :laugh:

Darth Burger!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I think "The King" needs his own reality show where he just goes around the country scaring the living s**t out of unsuspecting people. THAT is something I would definitely watch. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks