What's new

"The Kid Sister" (1945-PRC) (1 Viewer)

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Does anyone have the 'Mr. Fat-W' mod-dvd of "The Kid Sister" (1945-PRC), and can tell me whether it is the complete 66-minute version, or the 54-minute tv-syndication print (which is all I've ever encountered of it from various sellers over the years). Since Mr. Fat-W had that deal to release some of the copyrighted PRC films from the "Films Around the World" catalog, I thought they might have had access to a complete print, but the Fat-W folks also seem to dabble in public-domain fare, of which "The Kid Sister" can also be categorized. Right now I'm just not in the mood to spend the ten or twelve bucks just just find myself with yet another chopped-up copy. And the film ain't all that great to begin with, I'm tellin' ya.

I've been having a little "PRC" marathon over the past week, revisiting some of the cheapo studio's releases, most of which I hadn't watched in a long time. I've indeed viewed 26 PRC features over the past eight days, and my brain hasn't quite melted yet. Been a few rancid stinkers here and there, but there's also a fair amount of easy-going B-movie fun as well. As I have about 135 PRC features on disc, I'm not going to push my luck, though. But after all these years, I would like to see a 'complete' version of "The Kid Sister," just to see if it plays a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks