What's new

The JVC XV-S65GD, what do ya think? (1 Viewer)

Rich Corle

Stunt Coordinator
Well, for a progressive scan DVD player, it's hard to come across a good affordable one. Recently, I've found a JVC Progressive scan loaded with tons of features like mp3 decoding, two digital outputs, VSS, progressive scan, component video out, and all the standard features. I've found this DVD player for under 250 bucks, but want to get your opinions on it first. How is it? Can anyone give me any feedback on what kind of quality this machine is? The model number is JVC XV-S65GD. Check it out. Thanks.

Tod Gettys

Auditioning
I have one and I really like it. It is my first DVD player so I don't have any others to compare it to, but I think the picture quality and sound are both very good. I run it in progressive mode only, so I can't comment on the interlaced, S-video, or composite picture quality.
I am very pleased, especially considering the price, but I almost returned it to get it's newer big brother, the 95GD (I think that's the model number), that has DVD-Audio and a 7 disc changer. Best Buy has that one for $399 as opposed to $249 for the 65GD, but I've seen it on-line for less.
Good luck in your decision - I think you'll like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks