What's new

The joy of musicals on bluray (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Musicals are one of my favorite genres on bluray. I never thought I would see ther day when I could own a movie, let alone one made from large format elements .Watching films like SOUND OF MUSIC---HELLO DOLLY--CAMELOT-- FUNNY GIRL---FIDDLER ON THE ROOF----DOCTOR DOLITTLE---WEST SIDE STORY--MY FAIR LADY puts me back in the roadshow theaters in Detroit. MAMA MIA--HAIRSPRAY---CHICAGO-- and ROCK OF AGES are some recent favorites. Dolittle may be coming to Twilight Time thanks to Fox. Hope to see GOODBYE MR CHIPS from Warner Archives. SWEET CHARITY I think is going to be while in coming from Universal,if ever. STAR! would be nice to see in a TODD-AO transfer, but I think it needs some work on. Anyway I am happy with what we have..

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Rock of Ages is an OK movie, but it doesn't hold a candle to the stage version. (They made *significant* changes to the story.) See it if you get the chance!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks