What's new

The Joey Bishop Show in its entirety and in separate seasons is finally out on DVD…details below (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Just spotted this newest and latest info on The Joey Bishop Show, which can be purchased in two ways and it just came out on March 13, 2018 and all the details and cover art is as follows and in the link provided as well:
TheJoeyBishopShow1961_Complete.jpg

http://****/2puoQuL

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
The link was not too clear as to where to buy these but for more info, i spotted this information so hoping this helps those fans who would really like to get this series and chalk it up as another completed set in the listings...

Contact them at [email protected], located at 901 Bilter Road – Suite 141 Aurora, IL 60502 or call 1-800-877-1778 for further information...www.alliedvaughn.com

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
The link was not too clear as to where to buy these but for more info, i spotted this information so hoping this helps those fans who would really like to get this series and chalk it up as another completed set in the listings...

Contact them at [email protected], located at 901 Bilter Road – Suite 141 Aurora, IL 60502 or call 1-800-877-1778 for further information...www.alliedvaughn.com

If you click on the link within the news article at ClassicFlix, it will take you to the page where you can order. Otherwise, search at ClassicFlix.com and you can order the complete series or the individual sets at their store.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
If you click on the link within the news article at ClassicFlix, it will take you to the page where you can order. Otherwise, search at ClassicFlix.com and you can order the complete series or the individual sets at their store.

Put the order in and far cheaper than what Amazon had it up for yesterday. Thanks for the heads up.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
No problem, Neil! Thanks for the preview news that it was coming soon! I was excited to hear and now even more excited to finally place my order.

I hadn't seen the Amazon listing til it changed to "currently unavailable" so I was wondering which would be the better deal. Now I'm glad I placed my order directly. Hope they ship soon. I'm eager to watch this show and see many episodes that I have never seen before. :)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I'll be curious to hear the reviews of this new DVD set. Retro TV airs the color episodes every weeknight at 6pm pacific time. The prints they use have a strange orange or pink hue. Hopefully, the episodes on this new DVD set will be remastered.

Last edited:

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W

I forgot about Classicflix having these as i would have figured the TV website would have provided and posted some extra added info on how to get them, but they weren't listed on there, so I thought maybe contact the company that were making these would have more info on it, but that's also another solution for getting these as well. Thanks for the extra info, Robert.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
I think it still airs on Antenna TV somewhere in their schedule but they've been flipping it all around, you never know when it airs nowadays.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I'll be curious to hear the reviews of this new DVD set. Retro TV airs the color episodes every weeknight at 6pm pacific time. The prints they use have a strange orange or pink hue. Hopefully, the episodes on this new DVD set will be remastered.

Knowing SFM, they are using whatever transfers they have on hand and not doing new ones. That means that seasons 2-4 are the same transfers they sold to TV Land 25 years ago and only the first season would be newer as those were just done for Antenna this year.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
For anyone interested, I received my set and all episodes are syndicated "edited" cuts. I was surprised to see that even Season 2 was edited. Questar's previous set of Season 2 was made up of complete uncut episodes with the exception of 1 episode I believe.

The cuts are crude and abrupt so far. For me, this is the only way to view the series as Antenna TV is no longer available in my area. But, it IS disappointing that a set with a price tag like this has "edited" episodes. It's a shame. Also, Season 1 looks to be the only restored season so far. Son-of-a-gun...:mellow:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Thank you Robert for that info, as distressing as it is...I'll be picking this up regardless, for the same reasons as yourself...and in the face of the cruel realities and abuse that The Joey Bishop Show has suffered in syndication and on less than desired DVD presentation...damn, I really wish they could have got this one right...too much to expect that a potential re-release of Make Room For Daddy would fare any better...if that happens...

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Thank you Robert for that info, as distressing as it is...I'll be picking this up regardless, for the same reasons as yourself...and in the face of the cruel realities and abuse that The Joey Bishop Show has suffered in syndication and on less than desired DVD presentation...damn, I really wish they could have got this one right...too much to expect that a potential re-release of Make Room For Daddy would fare any better...if that happens...

Ain't that the truth! Even on the Questar set, they had to go messing with the opening credits.
I had high hopes that this new set was going to be the real deal. TimeLife would not have released the show this way. I'm watching it though, just the same. Halfway through disc 1 so far and enjoying it but looking forward to Joe Besser. I get a kick out of him.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Disappointing! They couldn't even get Season 2 right? I don't get it. Without any other possibilities, I will probably eventually pick this up, because I would like to at least see some of the show. Maybe a used set will show up somewhere for cheap.

Let's hope some other company will be releasing Make Room for Daddy, if it ever happens.

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
For anyone interested, I received my set and all episodes are syndicated "edited" cuts. I was surprised to see that even Season 2 was edited. Questar's previous set of Season 2 was made up of complete uncut episodes with the exception of 1 episode I believe.

The cuts are crude and abrupt so far. For me, this is the only way to view the series as Antenna TV is no longer available in my area. But, it IS disappointing that a set with a price tag like this has "edited" episodes. It's a shame. Also, Season 1 looks to be the only restored season so far. Son-of-a-gun...:mellow:

How long does each episode run, because if it runs about 23 or so minutes I think I could be okay with that; but i f they run about 20:30 minutes like the make room for daddy and real McCoys I'll have to pass until it I could find a good deal on it.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
The last few episodes I watched clocked in at 23 minutes. The edits are a bit more subtle too. Not sure why they were so crude on the first few episodes, including the color episode "A Windfall For Mom". The opening intro seems to have been cut and all they left was the title and "Starring Joey Bishop". :rolleyes:

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
N-O-S-A-L-E. I didn't wait 14 years just to get something I could have gotten years earlier in a boot set if I'd been so inclined (and at this stage I am not).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks