What's new

The Jeffersons: Season Three? (1 Viewer)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
My favorite Isabel Sanford moment in AITF season 3 is in one of the best All in the Family episodes ever, "The Bunkers and the Swingers." The look on her face when Louise looks at the ad and realizes who it is that Edith has inadvertently invited... and then her attempt to explain it to Edith:

"Edith, those people..." (she turns away and speaks to herself) "I can't. But I've gotta. Edith, those people, they're a couple of swingers!"

"I know. They won the Harvest Moon Dance Contest."

Louise and Lionel were two of the best supporting characters on AITF (George was good too, but he never actually appeared until the fourth season), and I don't think AITF was ever quite the same after they left. That's largely due to the excellence of Mike Evans and Ms. Sanford.

OT, but you can really tell from "The Bunkers and the Swingers" that the head writers of AITF, Don Nicholl, Michael Ross and Bernie West, would go on to do "Three's Company."

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
"They're here to change partners, but not for dancing!" (followed by the mother of all Edith Bunker delayed-reaction shots.) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
One of my favorite Bunkers and Jeffersons episodes is the episode called Lionel the Live-In, where Lionel leaves his place, crosses the street, and stays the night at the Bunkers' because George won't let up about Jenny being a "zebra."

classic episode.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Anyone have any knowledge of why we haven't seen season three yet of this landmark series?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

The reality is that if anyone had this knowledge, you probably wouldn't have had to ask. Believe me, if something is ever announced for season 3...it will probably only take 5 seconds for that info to pop up on HTF.

I want Jeffersons s3, but I've still got to get Sanford S5 and Good Times s3...and now I wait for the last year of What's Happening!!!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm still crossing my fingers for "The Jeffersons" season 3. I was sort of hoping it would've been announced amongst "Married...With Children" season 3, but to no avail.

I also have yet to pick up "Sanford & Son" season 5. I'm just really surprised "The Jeffersons" hasn't received the same kind of promptness, given its popularity.

Oh well. I'll just sit here and continue to gripe amongst myself. lol. I just hope Sony doesn't give up on ol' George & Weezy.

Supporting Actor
Two of the greatest television shows Norman Lear created (All in the Family and The Jeffersons) and they're not getting a fast track treatment they deserve.

DaveK

Second Unit
I would figure since the Jeffersons lasted a whopping 11 seasons, they would try to push those out as fast as possible. Especially since most of Sony's new tv on dvd releases (Sanford & Son, Good Times and What's Happening) only lasted between 3 - 6 years.

A few things to note aboout Season 3 (1976 - 1977):
The opening credits where George and Louise pull up to the building will be the opening they use for the remainder of the shows run (with the exception of the clips of the cast).

Florence the maid moves in with the Jeffersons (poor George).

David Dukes appears in the third season premiere (George and the President). For all of you tv buffs, David Dukes was on an episode of "All in the Family" as the guy who tried to rape Edith Bunker, and on a episode of "Three's Company" as Jack's old navy nemesis who is blind and punches out Jack.

Lionel and Jenny finally get married.

Hal Williams (who eventually co-starred with Marla Gibbs as her tv husband on the hit show "227") guest stars on an episode (Louise's Friend).

Let's pray that Sony sees the light and rushes this classic season onto dvd soon.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Thanks for the brief rundown of the season Dave. I want this more now than ever! Like I've said, these episodes are all new to me. The only ones I've seen are on the 2 DVD sets. Of course, watching those I instantly fell in love with the show. Now it's extremely overwhelming to know there are 9 more seasons out there beyond my reach. lol. I sincerely hope Sony releases the third season soon. I'm literally on pins and needles waiting for it.

Cathy Suzan

Stunt Coordinator
Here is my solution:

Forget the special features, keep the good picture quality and sound, and sell the full uncut season at a much lower price! In the end, it will sell much better, and with a hefty profit to boot. Consumer happy and Seller Happy.
As it is now; high price, low sales, no future seasons, consumer and seller quite unhappy!
I like special features, but I prefer to see all seasons of my favorite show!
Music rights issue? that's a different story!

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Also in the early years some of the actors were billed together (Roxie Roker & Franklin Cover, for instance) - a common practice in the 70's. Later on they got individual billing.

John McM

Second Unit
I am shocked that Sanford And Son has left Jeffersons in the dust so badly. Come on Sony, this is an 11 SEASON SERIES, we'd like to see the rest of the series when Sherman Hemsley is still alive? I figured they were going to pull a Three's Company and announce season 3 right after Isabel Sanford's death... even tho I suppose it was a little classy that Sony didn't do it that way, but still... people want their Jeffersons season 3!

Supporting Actor
I know that there were a few episodes, or maybe just one that we saw the Jefferson's go disco. Is that what you're refering to?

DaveK

Second Unit
I remember one episode like that called "Every Night Fever", but that was a fifth-season episode (1978-1979).

John McM

Second Unit

honestly, I don't even LIKE The Jeffersons and I don't have or plan to own seasons 1 and 2, I much prefer Marla Gibbs on 227. But I do know a lot of people who are waiting with baited breath for the third season for the show, and Sony needs to stop taking their precious time with it because the show ran way too long for Sony to take 2 years between seasons. At the rate we're going, the final season of the Jeffersons will be released in 2075 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the show, lol

DaveK

Second Unit
I noticed that some of the episodes of season 3 and a majority of the episodes of season 4 are in bad condition. Maybe they're in the process of remastering it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks