What's new

Theatrical The James Bond 60th Anniversary marathon in the UK and Ireland (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I hope this makes it to the other side of the Atlantic.

I really wish these were happening here too. I posted on Twitter with 007 too.

I would definitely make a best effort to sneak out of the house for at least a couple of these if they did. I’ve seen most of the older ones at repertory screenings, and everything from 1995 onward during their first runs, but I’d be happy to fill in the blanks.

I remember seeing a gorgeous 35mm print of Goldfinger as a kid - the only reason I remember it being gorgeous is because that theater used to show older movies every Thursday and a lot of the prints shown were in less than stellar condition, and Goldfinger stood out to me at the time as being the best I had ever seen a non-new release looking.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
There was a big retrospective for the 50th anniversary, where they screened all of the titles. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to Moonraker, which I really wanted to see, as I haven't seen that in the cinema since its original release. It was also probably the last opportunity to see most of those films in 35mm

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
During the past 2 years I saw Dr. No and Goldfinger. Both were in theaters after Connery passed. Loved seeing both of these!

There’s some screenings in the US but they are in limited places. Houston, LA, etc. it would be nice to do some national runs of these…

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks