THE JACKET DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Steven Gebs, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Steven Gebs

Steven Gebs Stunt Coordinator

I just bought 'The Jacket' DVD as a blind buy and thought it was a very good and engaging movie. I would like to hear anyone elses thoughts on the movie. I did a search on this forum to find a review of the DVD and was suprised not to see anything yet...maybe I searched incorrectly? hehe

I was hoping for more extras than were provided on the DVD....it is weak in that regard.

2. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

I actually just watched this for the first time last night and enjoyed it. It wasn't an incredibly original plot, but I like those "is he crazy, is he not" type of movies so it was enjoyable for me.

3. Andy Patrizio

Andy Patrizio Stunt Coordinator

IGN did a review a while back.

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I liked it but I can see why it bombed - the opening act takes so long to get to the magic that I'd seriously begun to wonder if the synopsis on the video box - which suggested a sci-fi twist - had been intentionally misleading. I have to expect that most people gave up on it before the story got going. Fortunately it turned out to be a true Outer Limits sort of story.

"It's the Butterfly Effect meets Slaughterhouse Five meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest with a 'lil bit of the Sixth Sense - on a lil' budget."

I hadn't realized Jennifer Jason Leigh was in it and was glad she was. Keira Knightly was again more convincing as an American than Adrian Brody, but all were very good. And I liked the score, too.

I don't think I'll remember the film, particularly, but it was nice.

5. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

6. Carl_G

Carl_G Stunt Coordinator

Was scouring the used DVDs at Blockbuster yesterday and came across The Jacket. Must have completely missed this on. The premise sounded iffy, and I thought it would probably be a piece of junk given it's obscurity and low status in the used pile, but picked it up anyway.

Now that I've seen it, I can only say...

AMAZING!!!!!!

This is by far the best movie I have seen in ages. It was the best of Primer, Butterfly Effect, 12 Monkeys, Blue Velvet, Memento, Twin Peaks, etc all put together in a stunningly touching movie.

WOW!!!!

Has anyone else caught this film? It's earned a spot in the coveted 'eye level shelf' of my DVD collection.

7. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

It's a fantasic, 5-Star film that seemed to go under the radar. A really well acted film, visually astonishing.

Ryan