What's new

The iPhone 6 and 6+ buyers and owners thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Cool videos Sam. I'm doing a daily panoramic shot of the new building the company I work for is building. So I'll use iMovie to stitch each photo to make a time lapse. The only thing I wish I could have done was found a way to lock the camera position.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm just getting my feet wet on what the iPhone 7 is and the plans I'll have to consider. What I mean is that I hear the new plans will allow the 2 year deal, but another plan allows you to pay the whole cost of the phone upfront and then you can upgrade the next year. Maybe that's already in place, I've not paid attention. The only reason I'm considering that is the iPhone 8 is allegedly coming a year later. So the cycle is reduced by a year.

One cool feature allegedly coming in the 8 and not the 7 is the wireless charging which would be nice.

While I doubt it, maybe the Apple Pencil will work on a Pro model of the iPhone.

I don't usually keep up with the rumors also never fully believe them. But it seems since Job's death, the security from the manufacturers isn't as tight so leaks seem to be true more times then not.
If Apple holds to form, this year we'd see the iPhone 7 with a new physical design. But rumors are the physical design isn't changing this year. And no one is rumoring the name "iPhone 7". It is thought Apple might change upgrade patterns this year. Perhaps to ease the tempo on iPhone engineering and apply more resources to the Watch.

So then, if Apple were following patterns, the new release in 2017 would be iPhone 7s. The iPhone 8 would be a 2018 release. If the routine since iPhone 4 held. Which it may not.

I remind you of DaveF's First Law of Computer Shopping: The best time to buy a computer is always tomorrow. Addendum: With Apple products, the best time to buy a computer -- mobile or otherwise -- is one month after release. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Sam. It seems a daunting task though.

Dave, that rule kind of applied to the iPad Pro! I felt a little burned that when the iPad Pro 9.7 was released they upped the storage on both it and the 12". Though I'm still loving the iPad Pro and Pencil.

Users who are viewing this thread