What's new

The Invisible Man + The Creature from the Black Lagoon Blu Ray Legacy Sets coming 8/28 (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Thanks for the info JLK. I wonder if they are filling the replacements in the order they were requested or haphazardly.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As Peter said, the only retail version that is fixed and out now is in the 30-film collection. I'm waiting for a re-release of the Creature Legacy blu set, as I already own all the other Legacy sets and am not paying for the 30-film collection to get one 3D film.

I presume this fall's replication issues are also playing havoc with getting out replacement discs and the fixed Legacy set.

Glad to hear the replacement list is "huge", though. That means it sold a lot of copies.

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser
Hey all I did receive mine as of today. According to the padded envelope it was mailed out on the 30th of November. I haven't had a chance to watch all of it but I did scan it and compared it with the previous disc and I concur with the previous pot by Mark P. The 2D version of Creature Walks among us is not the same as the previous. Yes it is still a very soft picture and does look more like DVD quality but from what Bob Furmanek said about Revenge of the Creature had lots and lots of dupes utilized in its creation and that there is not as much original negative available as there was for Creature Walks Among Us I assume that this is the best possible source that they had to use and this is as good as it is gonna get. I am not dissapointed with it. Wish it could look as good as the other two but if this is all they had to work with I am just glad to have it finally in hi def now.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It appears the Creature Legacy Set is back for ordering on multiple websites -- BBY, Target, DD, BN, etc
Amazon and Walmart are lagging, but I suspect they'll be up soon enough.

Prices range from $27-32 though that will likely change quickly. Maybe $20-23 by the weekend as folks ramp up the Christmas week discounts. If BN 40% sale starts next week and runs like normal, then $24 to start plus any added discounts so $15-18 might be possible.

Don't ask -- I have no way to know if these have the new disc, but the alternative makes no sense at all.
I guess first person to find a picture with a modified UPC wins the prize

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It appears the Creature Legacy Set is back for ordering on multiple websites -- BBY, Target, DD, BN, etc

Prices range from $27-32 though that will likely change quickly. Maybe $20-23 by the weekend as folks ramp up the Christmas week discounts. If BN 40% sale starts next week and runs like normal, then $24 to start plus any added discounts so $15-18 might be possible.

Don't ask -- I have no way to know if these have the new disc, but the alternative makes no sense at all.
I noticed most of the third-party sales at Amazon had dropped considerably into the $30 range, so I figured something was up. Hope those that paid a premium for the old set are happy with their purchase. ;)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Have you had a chance to watch your replacement disc yet? I was sort of interested in what your opinion was. I have been reading mixed reviews of the replacement disc

You're only "sort of" interested? That's not much encouragement! ;)

No, I've not had a chance to screen it yet. I've been swamped with other stuff for my site! Will try to get to it over the weekend!

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser
LOL I am very interested :). When I watched mine, some parts, in my opinion, were HD and some others were very soft looking. Just curious as to what others thought.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'll throw my $.02 worth in...

I thought it generally looked pretty good - but there *are* some "soft" spots, some shots where whites bloomed a bit and some crushed blacks. I compared it to my DVD and the BR looks better. Not by much but it *does* look better. The soft spots on the BR also look soft on the DVD as does grain, scratches, dirt, and other anomalies with the BR having better definition, even with the "soft" spots. Of course the BR has the correct AR where the DVD is 4:3. I have the "bad" copy as well but haven't checked it yet to see if it's better/worse/the same as the replacement disc.

Danoldrati

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Oldrati

Hi
I received my new copy of " the Creature legacy Set" from DEEP DISCOUNT and the replacement copy was included. I can't see how anyone can tell the new set from the old set the bar code is the same. Well at least it's been released.
Happy Holidays
Dan

PS I never received any response from Universal for my first copy. I Wish them well in 3D Hell.LOL
Just Happy to get a replacement copy.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi
I received my new copy of " the Creature legacy Set" from DEEP DISCOUNT and the replacement copy was included. I can't see how anyone can tell the new set from the old set the bar code is the same. Well at least it's been released.
Happy Holidays
Dan

PS I never received any response from Universal for my first copy. I Wish them well in 3D Hell.LOL
Just Happy to get a replacement copy.

I take it that means the UPC not have the extra 5 digits added like the 30 Film set?
I guess no way to tell except anything from a retailer right now should be corrected. Only the resellers should have the original disc left

And BN 40% Off Sale is live and this set is $24 plus "20% off $40 of more" BEMERRY is live for the next 6 hours or so -- so first price
I don;t think any stores have them on hte shelf, but it can be ordered as a Store ShiptoHome item with the 10% member discount and any coupon you might have (20% through the end of Wednesday night or 25% member coupon) so $16-20 instead of $135 like 2 weeks ago.

Danoldrati

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Oldrati
Hi
I'm sorry but there is a difference on the new creature set. The UPC sticker on the cellophane wrapper has an extra 5 digits added, 00022. the box has the same UPC number as the old one. Sorry for the wrong information.
Happy Holidays
Dan

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Sooooo, do we actually know what the UPC code is of the first edition (bad 3D) and do we know the UPC code of the good copy (bad 3D) ???

Come on guys, what's the hold up???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks