What's new

The Invisible Man + The Creature from the Black Lagoon Blu Ray Legacy Sets coming 8/28 (1 Viewer)

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I cannot comment on the Blu-ray but I can tell you that due to on location camera issues, REVENGE has a much higher-than-average amount of dupe opticals cut into the left/right OCN.

There's more information here: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/flat-scenes-in-3-d-movies
In Tom Weaver's book The Creature Chronicles, he has complete shooting logs for the Creature films. It's pretty amazing how many times the camera in Revenge broke down.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I cannot comment on the Blu-ray but I can tell you that due to on location camera issues, REVENGE has a much higher-than-average amount of dupe opticals cut into the left/right OCN.

There's more information here: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/flat-scenes-in-3-d-movies
The consensus is that on the REVENGE OF THE CREATURE (1955) revised Blu-ray, the right eye was quite noticeably DNR'd, while the left eye has grain and more detail. It is the DNR'd right eye imaging that displays when selecting the 2-D option on the Main Menu. A poster on the Blu-ray.com thread posted a left/right comparison that clearly demonstrates this difference.

Nevertheless, your helpful post does explain the other issues, and I thank you very much for providing those clarifications.

CHEERS! :)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We were a work-for-hire on this project and delivered our final restored left/right 3D masters to the studio in October 2017.

As I wrote on our website on June 8, 2018:

file.php

We don't know what happened after we delivered our masters a year ago and we are not involved with the authoring and replication of the Blu-ray.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
We were a work-for-hire on this project and delivered our final restored left/right 3D masters to the studio in October 2017.

As I wrote on our website on June 8, 2018:

file.php

We don't know what happened after we delivered our masters a year ago and we are not involved with the authoring and replication of the Blu-ray.
Thanks for replying Bob. Makes sense.

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
For the record, I didn’t receive any advance notice. The disc just showed up via FedEx.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I have a FedEx delivery from WM scheduled for today. I'm hoping that disc will somehow find its way into the truck!

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
I have a FedEx delivery from WM scheduled for today. I'm hoping that disc will somehow find its way into the truck!

My delivery was scheduled for yesterday (via a Text from them the day prior) and it DID NOT make its way into the truck.

FedEx is great about telling you when to be home and then they don't show up on that day that you reschedule your plans.
They came today (with no notice) and no one was here.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
My delivery was scheduled for yesterday (via a Text from them the day prior) and it DID NOT make its way into the truck.

FedEx is great about telling you when to be home and then they don't show up on that day that you reschedule your plans.
They came today (with no notice) and no one was here.

Usually if it's iffy, I just have them drop it at the local Walgreens and I go get it after it's ready to picked up -- 7am , 9pm - no problem

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I watched the "corrected" 3D Revenge last night, and unfortunately I can only echo what others have observed. While the 3D presentation is terrific, the film overall looks very soft. It's sad that Universal apparently corrupted an otherwise fine product.

A few other observations:
1) A few scenes at the aquarium reminded of when I saw this movie on Saturday TV around 45 years ago. This is the first time I've seen it since then.
2) Despite the poor picture quality on the disc, the movie is very enjoyable.
3) Lori Nelson was gorgeous!
4) I noticed very few flat shots.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Just so that we can see how "fair" Universal is in regards to the replacement disc, might we know the date you sent in your request and the date you received the replacement disc? If the replacement is appearing for sale or online before we whom (or who...not sure) have already purchased the disc is totally unfair. For example I sent my request in September 5th and at this time I have heard or seen nothing.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Just so that we can see how "fair" Universal is in regards to the replacement disc, might we know the date you sent in your request and the date you received the replacement disc? If the replacement is appearing for sale or online before we whom (or who...not sure) have already purchased the disc is totally unfair. For example I sent my request in September 5th and at this time I have heard or seen nothing.

I sent my request September 7 and received an acknowledgement the same day.
Today I received a FedEx shipping notification with delivery scheduled for November 21.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks