What's new

The Invisible Man + The Creature from the Black Lagoon Blu Ray Legacy Sets coming 8/28 (2 Viewers)

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Add my name to the list of those receiving their replacement disc via FedEx.

I got a text message Tuesday, November 6th, alerting me to a FedEx delivery. They insisted on collecting my signature and on checking my photo I.D., which made it necessary for me to arrange to pick up my parcel at the local FedEx Office location. (I called the number on the back of the delivery slip left on my door and followed the directions to make the arrangement.)

The disc arrived in a generic paper + cellophane sleeve, packed inside a fairly robust shipping envelope, folded over double in such a way as to provide further reinforcement and make the parcel fairly compact.

I only got my hands on the disc last night. I hope to find a chance to watch it (on my projector and again on an HMD device) this weekend.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Mike Ballew

Are you signed up with FedEx ?

Will those without a FedEx account get a text or email, or will someone just show up at the door ?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The geniuses who did the street numbers in my neighborhood thought it was a good idea to use identical numbers of different streets.

So roughly 100 feet from my house is another house with the same # - different street.

Unsurprisingly, they get my packages with some frequency. When I get a FedEx or UPS notification of delivery but don't see it on my doorstep, I immediately trot to the "other house" and usually find it there!

While this doesn't excuse the carrier's sloppiness, I still lay more blame on the dopes who decided to use the same house #s so close together...
Wow, I hope the neighborhood watch at the other house don't mistake you for a package thief! :D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I hope the neighborhood watch at the other house don't mistake you for a package thief! :D

Yeah, me too! :D

I'm sure they're aware of this - I'm pretty sure they've walked over packages delivered to them instead of me!

Because of my website, I get lots of UPS/FedEx packages, enough that this wouldn't be a shock to them...

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I'm Still waiting. Waiting since Aug.28th when Amazon delivered it. What a mess ! Thank God the Invisible Man set had No problems.

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Mike Ballew

Are you signed up with FedEx ?

Will those without a FedEx account get a text or email, or will someone just show up at the door ?

Great question! As far as I know... no. I don't typically send or receive anything via FedEx. I did not stop to wonder why or how they might know my number in order to text me.

In my case, I received a text Tuesday morning, after I had already departed for work. When I got home, I found a slip on the door. I mistakenly assumed I was meant to sign it and leave it for them to find the next day.

Wednesday after work there was another, different slip. This time I paid attention (to the slip and to my girlfriend) and read carefully the information on the back. Within a few minutes, I had made arrangements to pick up the parcel a few blocks away, at their nearest location. Last night I finally picked it up.

They seemed to have all the pertinent information in place in their computer to help me. Again, as far as I know, I'm not formally signed up with FedEx as a customer.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Great question! As far as I know... no. I don't typically send or receive anything via FedEx. I did not stop to wonder why or how they might know my number in order to text me.

In my case, I received a text Tuesday morning, after I had already departed for work. When I got home, I found a slip on the door. I mistakenly assumed I was meant to sign it and leave it for them to find the next day.

Wednesday after work there was another, different slip. This time I paid attention (to the slip and to my girlfriend) and read carefully the information on the back. Within a few minutes, I had made arrangements to pick up the parcel a few blocks away, at their nearest location. Last night I finally picked it up.

They seemed to have all the pertinent information in place in their computer to help me. Again, as far as I know, I'm not formally signed up with FedEx as a customer.

You shouldn't need to be a customer, but just registered in their free Delivery Manager service (like MyUPS or USPS Informed Delivery). Possibly you could have signed up at some tme in the past or possibly your GF signed the address up with your phone number at some time. If FedeX had sent an email I guess they could have been sent the contact by Universal though it would seem easier for universal to have done it themselves if that was the case.

Last edited:

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Are you signed up with FedEx in order to receive notice ?

I don't think I'm signed up, but I did receive emails and texts.

Usually, Fedex swings by my neighborhood between 6-7:30pm. I've been home since 6pm. There was no doorbell or knock. I just checked my email, and they said they tried but couldn't deliver. There's also no note on the door as they usually do when they try to deliver. So, maybe the driver went to the next block!

Last edited:

Christopher McG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,

For those who asked about this sort of thing...

I never got a confirmation email from UHE, and don't have a FedEx account. Replacement disc showed up tonight, not sure about the signature (wife intercepted package for me).

Last edited:

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
I received mine, yesterday morning. My wife signed for it. I am not a FedEx customer, in any way. I believe that Universal (or whoever is doing their shipping) is just insisting on acknowledgment that the disc was received. I provided my cell phone information when I contacted them about a replacement, which would account for the text I received stating it was arriving on the 9th.

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
I just prepped my disc for HMD viewing.

I can tell you that the base view for this disc is the right eye. The only other film in my collection with a right-eye base view is GOG. All other 3-D films I have encountered have had a left-eye base view.

I cannot yet comment on picture quality, but I hope to do so soon.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I happened to be raking leaves in the front yard today when Fedex rumbled up, so I have mine. Maybe I'll check it out tonight. I'm wondering about reports of the 3D Revenge appearing soft:
1) Has anyone compared it to the 3D Creature (and is it even fair to compare them?); and
2) I'd love to read Bob Furmanek's opinion after he's seen the corrected disc. Maybe it's as good as we can expect it to look.

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I happened to be raking leaves in the front yard today when Fedex rumbled up, so I have mine. Maybe I'll check it out tonight. I'm wondering about reports of the 3D Revenge appearing soft:
1) Has anyone compared it to the 3D Creature (and is it even fair to compare them?); and
2) I'd love to read Bob Furmanek's opinion after he's seen the corrected disc. Maybe it's as good as we can expect it to look.

It's been slow around here in the forum (3-D movie talk-wise), and I think I'm the only one who has mentioned that Revenge looks a little soft. It's not unwatchable by any means, and of course the 3-D work by the 3-D Film Archive is top notch. It just seems to my eyes, on my passive LG monitor to be softer than a 35mm film to HD should look in a number of shots.

1. I did just have a look at Creature and I think sharpness-wise, it is superior to how the Revenge disc looks. Just like Revenge, however, there is variability among shots. One shot may look softer than the next. Was it zoomed in on the negative occasionally? A dupe was needed for certain damaged portions? Was there problems on the set during a particular shot? Any of those could be possible. Overall, though, it's a sharper disc.

2. I would absolutely defer to Bob's opinion and expertise. If he thinks it represents his work well, then it is what it is. If, on the other hand, he still feels like Universal has somehow managed to not quite make things look 100%, then I imagine this must be exceptionally frustrating.

As it is, I'm happy to have the disc, just as I was when I got the admittedly annoying side-by-side disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks