What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Elisabeth Moss stars in writer-director Leigh Whannell’s update of The Invisible Man.

The Invisible Man (2020)

Released: 28 Feb 2020
Rated: R
Runtime: 124 min

Director: Leigh Whannell
Genre: Horror, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller

Cast: Elisabeth Moss, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Harriet Dyer, Aldis Hodge
Writer(s): Leigh Whannell (screenplay), Leigh Whannell (screen story)

Plot: When Cecilia's abusive ex takes his own life and leaves her his fortune, she suspects his death was a hoax. As a series of coincidences turn lethal, Cecilia works to prove that she is being hunted by someone nobody can see.

IMDB rating: 7.1
MetaScore: 72

Disc Information

Studio: Universal
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution:...

Continue reading...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Great review Todd. Terrific film and one of the better horror/suspense films of recent years. :thumbsup:
I ordered the 4K disc from Amazon as part of their "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale. I chose the disc over digital because of no Atmos on the iTunes digital. I hope I like this blind buy.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I ordered the 4K disc from Amazon as part of their "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale. I chose the disc over digital because of no Atmos on the iTunes digital. I hope I like this blind buy.

It's decent, Robert.

At least the filmmakers thought "out of the box" on this one.

I was entertained. Let us know what you think after you watch it.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The trailer for this looked like a Jodie Foster victim flick- a definite pass.
So you didn’t bother to read the review? I’ve yet to read anything bad about this movie. I have to admit I don’t think comparing an actress to Jodie Foster is a negative, either.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
This is where I am at and how I rethink my purchases since retirement...

I added three 4k titles to my cart. The cart came to nearly $50. I sat, thought about it, and felt I could get all these titles on digital for under $10. I did not go ahead with the order.
Yeah. Only certain titles are worth getting the physical disc for me. 4K digital is great for everything else.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
However I did purchase The Invisible Man as I think it’s worthy. I loved it.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
So you didn’t bother to read the review? I’ve yet to read anything bad about this movie. I have to admit I don’t think comparing an actress to Jodie Foster is a negative, either.

I wasn’t really comparing her to Foster as an actor just the particular genre of films Jodie seemed to rely on- Panic Room, Flight Plan, Contact, Silnce of the Lambs, the Accused where she’s always driven to the edge by something veering on the supernatural. I felt like I had seen the entire film in the trailer and was like- next.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I wasn’t really comparing her to Foster as an actor just the particular genre of films Jodie seemed to rely on- Panic Room, Flight Plan, Contact, Silnce of the Lambs, the Accused where she’s always driven to the edge by something veering on the supernatural.

Other than "Contact", what's "veering on the supernatural" in any of those?

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Other than "Contact", what's "veering on the supernatural" in any of those?
Sorry but not getting into arguing a case with you. Hannibal Lechter is a mad force of human nature and on and on. She’s in distress in all those movies. I should have said “crisis by something extraordinary”.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I chose the disc over digital because of no Atmos on the iTunes digital.
An annoying trend that seems to be growing to the point that almost no new releases or upgrades to 4K Stream have Atmos. In this case, even the BluRay has Atmos.

I enjoyed the movie. It has a different theme than other versions I've seen, where becoming invisible makes the character kind of lose his mind, or at least lose his sense of restraint. This is a completely different take on it, about narcissism, gaslighting, domestic abuse and the type of PTSD that results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks