What's new

The Innocents available in R4 (PAL) (1 Viewer)

Jace_A

Second Unit
This is one title I've been vainly looking out for in R1. It's one of the greatest ghost stories ever filmed, and Deborah Kerr (and actress I am otherwise not greatly fond of) produces a fine, nuanced performance here.

Fox produced a good widescreen laserdisc for this film, but it's never been released to DVD in the US. The title is ripe for Fox Classics treatment. The R4 version has a good widescreen (16:9) transfer.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Glad to hear that the transfer on the R4 is good, Jace. Do you live in Australia? I'm hoping that Ezy ship my order soon.

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos
who's the R4 distributor? If it's Fox, does it have the UK copyright notice? It's just that all UK Fox titles usually also have the Australian copyright notice, which means they are the same release.

Jace_A

Second Unit
The DVD case on the Umbrella site is wrong. The DVD is 2.35:1. It's taken from a slightly battered print but looks good on smaller displays. I watched it on my 72" projection screen last night and it was somewhat soft, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks