What's new

THE INCREDIBLES (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo) Coming Spring 2011! (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

Differ all you want, but I know that argument, and I sit ~9ft from my 61" DLP too.

Considering that I sit 12 ft. from a 123" screen, I've no doubt I'll see a significant difference.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hehheh... When I actually want that viewing ratio, I can move closer like 5ft from the screen, which I've done on occasion.

_Man_

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I just located the Blu-Ray trailer and added it to the opening post. In case anyone's interested.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Here's the specs, courtesy of DIGITAL BITS --- Extras will include 4 all-new featurettes (The Incredibles Revisited: Filmmaker's Roundtable, Paths to Pixar: Story Artists, Studio Stories: Gary's Birthday and Ending with a Bang!: Making the End Credits), along with The New Nomansian "interactive redevelopment plan" option and many of the classic DVD features as well --- but I'm still not sure what artwork they're going with. There's the one I posted in the opening post, then I found these two:

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Since Disney is re-releasing most Pixars with the same kind of artwork as the one on the right, I think that that one will be used. Also, they won't be releasing two different versions of a catalog title. Personally, I like the one on the left much more.

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
This is one of my favorite Pixar films. I've been eagerly awaiting for this to come out on Blu-Ray for a long time. This is great news.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I know it's way early and the price is going to come down A LOT before street date in April, but $31.99 is just stupid.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think sometimes when they say "many of.." it could be honest candor.. there are lots of things (like trailers for other films) i'm assuming change or get dropped.. I'm not sure what actual content content would change; though for example, some of it could be relocated and still there (thanks to branching and different levels of bluray inserts/popup options, which Disney has used) thus making some extras kind of.. redundant. And this is one of my favorite Pixar, and the difference between this on Disney HD and the DVD is significant, so I will welcome this on Blu!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
This is, hands down, my favorite Pixar film. As much as I love all three Toy Story tales, the comic book geek (and child of the 60s) in me just responds more strongly to The Incredibles. (Just like the 50s monster movie geek in me loves The Iron Giant.)

So I will definitely be grabbing this one when the time comes (and the price is right.) It is very high on my "must have" BD list. (Another that has been there for the better part of a year is Monsters, Inc. - which I just ordered today from Amazon for $19.99. That's for the 3 disc BD/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. For reasons that only make sense to Amazon, the single-disc BD-only version is still $26.99.)

And I'll say this - despite having an older HDTV that "only" does 720p, and despite The Incredibles looking, well, incredible upconverted by my Sony DVD player - I know that the new disc will look and sound better than the existing on. I can already see the difference between the trailer on the Toy Story 3 BD disc and my beloved Incredibles DVD. (Which I sat down and watched again right after Toy Story 3, because how could I not?)

Regards,

Joe

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
SOLD! And Jason, don't rule out the inevitable $10 off coupon when it comes to price. Disney will do this, either through Movie Rewards as an "upgrade" for owners of the DVD, or as a straight $10 coupon. This is how they handled the Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 2 pack, and there will likely be a similar offer for the forthcoming Tron/Tron: Legacy 2 pack.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
The price is steep, and I have to wonder if, at $45.99 MSRP, it will be down to my purchase threshold by release date. However, history has shown that pretty much any title will come down to a reasonable price if you're willing to wait. It's my favorite Pixar film, and I'll have it on Blu-ray someday.

Like Stephen, I suspect Disney will have a $10 coupon.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That's exactly how I got Fantasia and Beauty and the Beast last year: with the coupon. I guess I forgot about it when I saw the price over on Amazon (call it sticker shock?).

Originally Posted by Stephen_J_H

SOLD! And Jason, don't rule out the inevitable $10 off coupon when it comes to price. Disney will do this, either through Movie Rewards as an "upgrade" for owners of the DVD, or as a straight $10 coupon. This is how they handled the Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 2 pack, and there will likely be a similar offer for the forthcoming Tron/Tron: Legacy 2 pack.

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---

Speaking of the special features, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. Obviously, I'll be buying this title because of the movie itself, which, along with TS2, is probably one of my top Pixar favorites.

But I was really hoping for a little more in the special features department. For instance, I listened to the DVD commentary a few years ago, and it was clearly recorded before the movie was even completed and released. I was hoping Brad Bird and some of the crew might revisit the movie for a Cine-Explore type commentary that would provide a litte more perspective, now that we're years removed from its creation and release.

Of course, I'll still buy it. I can honestly say that I'm just as excited about this release as I am about the impending STAR WARS set.

Regards,

matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks