What's new

The Incredibles Blu-Ray (Combo Pack) (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
So since we're getting Cars 2 in theaters this summer, when's The Incredibles 2 coming?

_Man_

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I know they're working on a Monsters, Inc. sequel. I'd much rather see more adventures with the Incredibles myself.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Just watched this on Sunday with my boys. Stunning visuals, great audio, and a story any family can relate to. My favourite Pixar movie ever.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Actually, I believe the upcoming Monsters, Inc. movie is a prequel. I really don't want to see the Pixar crew, of all people, going that route (although I'm sure they won't screw it up).

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
As a Pixar film, I had little worry for the video quality, however the audio surprised me. Very articulate audio with surrounds fully engaged (even the back channel). I was very pleased! Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Yeah, it's worth mentioning that the main DTS-HD track is actually encoded for ES, albeit matrix and not discrete. Cover makes no mention of this, although it's listed as 5.1 ES on the disc itself.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I watched this over the weekend; it looked great. It had been a while since I saw this film, and the blu-ray had it looking better than I remembered. Still my favorite of the Pixar films, probably because of its design elements and its musical score. Just a brilliant movie. Brad Bird might even get me to see M:I4, as I have thoroughly enjoyed every film he has done. (Where's the BD for Iron Giant?)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David Coleman

As a Pixar film, I had little worry for the video quality, however the audio surprised me.

Very articulate audio with surrounds fully engaged (even the back channel). I was very pleased!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

For me, the DVD of "The Incredibles" has reference quality sound with amazing low end impact, so I would expect nothing less from the BluRay. I got this last week, and have not had a chance to screen it yet, but I am very much looking forward to it.

Brian

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, the DVD was excellent, and I thought I would be holding out (for a bargain price) for a long while, but the release week deals (especially the stacked combo one w/ Cars at TRU

_Man_

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---

I bought this on release day, but I only had a chance to watch it with the kids a few days ago. The video and audio were a revelation...just stunning in every way.

And I bought it primarily for the film. But Pixar home video releases are among the few for which I genuinely look forward to seeing the extra features. And, as good as the original DVD release for INCREDIBLES was, I was disappointed in the few new features added to the blu-ray. I feel like Pixar and Disney home Entertainment really missed a chance to do something special with this release.

The story reels that are included in the original DVD features are a LOT of fun to see. I would have loved to have seen a complete version of them...literally a full-length, alternate version of the film consisting of the roughly-animated storyboards. And I would have loved to have seen a Cine-Explore version of the movie, or at the very least, a newer commentary track since the one that was recorded for the DVD was made BEFORE the film was released.

...BUT! I don't regret buying the blu-ray for a second. And I'd do it again.

matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks