What's new

The Incredibles 2-Disc Collector's Edition: Easter 2005! (1 Viewer)

Mike D

Stunt Coordinator
What are the "Incredi-Blunders"?
Bird may not have created any bloopers as such, but the features above list six deleted scenes including a fifteen minute alternate opening

00:14:59:06 | ALTERNATE OPENING
00:06:28:15 | SNUG
00:04:05:01 | VIPERS
00:02:16:04 | BOB IN TRAFFIC
00:03:06:16 | HELEN CONFRONTS BOB
00:01:30:03 | HELEN'S NIGHTMARE

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
That's not really fair Tony. All of Pixar's DVDs thus far have had very well done special features. Even Finding Nemo, arguably their weakest DVD, still had a great branching commentary and making of feature, and The Ultimate Toy Box and Bug's Life CE are still two of the absolute best DVDs even a few years after their release.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
Chris:

I'm sorry but i really haven't been impressed by their DVD creations and especially when John Lasseter is involved in them. All u have to do is watch the Region 1 Miyazaki DVD's for a perfect example of how his ego has ruined DVDs of movies he didn't even make.

And I stand by every assertion I made about the finding nemo DVD: it was a blurry mess, even if the blurs were pretty colors.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Why not bring your faulty DVD back to the store and get a proper one? Our Finding Nemo DVDs looked fine....

Cees

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
See, this is why customer service employees don't take people seriously sometimes -- the hyperbole starts flying fast and loose.

Finding Nemo is a blurry mess? John Lasseter somehow ruined Spirited Away because he was asked to do an intro and speak about why he loved the movie? This is now ruined?

dannyCraigs

Agent
I have no doubt that this will be a top quality transfer when it comes out on DVD. Why wouldn't it be? Whether it will have the dts track is another issue. It would be nice, but no biggie for me. And if you don't believe me, speak to the heavy drinkers among us.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart

I can't wait either as this is my SOP. I haven't been to the theater (other than my own HT) in almost 4 years.

Stew

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
To Ernest Rister:

I'm happy you enjoyed the DVD, and don't mistake me, I'll probably purchase this disc, but just b/c YOU did not notice the flaws does not mean they were not there. And the argument of, "it looked pretty good, so the flaws aren't important," does not work on me either, especially since they were working from an all-digital transfer.

And Danny:

If you need proof that DVD is nowhere near as good as it COULD be, please visit www.videophile.info which is the site of Bjoern Roy from this forum. Fact is, most DVD's, including Nemo, have way too many digital filters applied to them that ruin image quality on very high res or large displays, which is what I view them on.

Finally, Ernest:

All the miyazaki DVD's have been poorly handled by Disney, and there is absolutely no reason that Lasseter's introduction needs to be tacked on to every viewing of Spirited Away, etc. Also, the transfers are flawed and there are some glaring color correction issues, if I remember correctly the transfer had a red tint *added* by Disney b/c they thought it would look better. Studio Ghibli even sued them over it. Yes, it's not all Lasseter's fault, but I needed a face to latch onto after the meager Miyazaki's and subpar NEMO discs.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

You are right when you say that it is not entirely his fault, but I'm not sure what the connection is to bad transfer of those films...and John Lasseter. He's probably not the person that was preping Spirited Away for its DVD, if you don't like his introduction for the film being present that's perfectly reasonable but why hold the rest of your gripse against him. Even on the Nemo disc, what possible motivation could he have had to say to someone: "Why don't you muck up this transfer?"

Hold him responsible for the things you know he is responsible for, but why take it beyond that. As Ernest said, if the guy was asked to comment on a film that he found personally inspiring then why should he feel he should turn down the opportunity?

Perhaps the Miyazaki could be improved upon in terms of their DVD treatment, but I don't see how that's something you can blame on Lasseter.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

I think you're getting facts mixed up. Someone sued the makers of the Japanese DVD for the added red tint meant for plasma displays.

Disney's DVD lacks the red tint and was not sued by anyone over it.

See for yourself:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcom...iritedaway.htm

Also, I think Lasseter isn't to blame. Remember, his name will attact people who normally wouldn't be interested in these movies. Yeah, it may be tacky, but that's marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks