What's new

The Incredibles 2-Disc Collector's Edition: Easter 2005! (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Gosh, I love home video! The movie is wonderful, it's classic 50's style mixed with today's top animation. At least we are getting the 2-Discer now, rather than a bare bones edition and a special edition later on.

Ryan

James.G

Grip
I loved this movie and can't wait til easter. I, too am anxious to see whether we get a 2 disc SE full of "vaporware" extras, like Nemo :frowning:, or something we can covet, like A Bug's Life Collectors Edition :). I tend to think that if Disney has more of a say in the DVD process, we will get more of these useless, gigabyte-consuming extras like read-alongs and games. None of the kids I know (including my own) watch or enjoy these. Special features are for the adults, so give us good ones like well-produced documentaries, multiple audio commentaries and good featurettes. I guess we'll just have to see whether Pixar gives us something worth waiting for. Perhaps I'm pushing my luck here, but maybe, just maybe, there won't be any forced previews.:D

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Can't wait. Saw this movie last night and kept saying to myself "I can't wait to see this on my system." This is a gorgeous looking movie and what a great storyline.

Loved it.

Peace,

DM

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
See that word across the top? Does that mean what I think it means?

That's a first for Pixar, I believe. Not exactly a move for the better.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor

Not that I don't agree with your sentiment, but this is a 2.35 film. The only other 2.35 film they released was A Bug's Life, which was released with two aspect ratios.

I look at it as a good thing. This way, they don't waste half of my two disc set with a fullscreen version that I will never watch. If the two release method means there will be increased A/V quality and more special features, I'm all for it.

-Chad

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Thats GREAT news, if true...I hated that they wasted an entire disc for a fullscreen version. Woohoo!

Please explain why.

EDIT: Its confirmed- two separate Wide and full versions! Woo!

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Well it's certainly debatable. I hate dual releases. When they're both in the same set (either on opposite sides or separate discs), everybody wins. (Both on the same side is different, of course.) But with dual releases, you know somebody's getting screwed. Oh well. As has been said, just "give the idiots thier pan-and-scan." I don't want to derail this thread, so I'll leave it at that.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Does anyone know why Disney has neglected to include a DTS track on the above-mentioned titles, seeing as how, on a 2-disc set, they'd have plenty of space for it?

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"As has been said, just "give the idiots their pan-and-scan."

My four year old niece has an 11" screen in her bedroom. Not the greatest screen in the world for the scope format.

Is she an idiot if its easier for her to see the re-framed version of The Incredibles on her tiny little TV set?

David Galindo

Screenwriter

Yes.

Hah, just joking :D Since The Incredibles wont be cut on the sides in pan-scan, and instead reformatted, then I say go for it and buy fullscreen. Just this once :)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Don't really get your logic. To me, having both in one set means less extras and less bit budget for the film itself. I don't know how people lose with seperate releases, unless they want both versions. To be honest, I don't see too many people in that category.

Jason

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

Why not just buy her a 19" (ah, I remember those days. :)) for Christmas?

Seriously, just do whatever you feel is needed. While I would rather everyone watch movies in their OAR, if fullscreen is favored due to screen size, I can understand. On the other hand, if you have a 60" widescreen set.....

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I don't like the R1 packaging. The UK version is great, leave it to Disney to make a "floating head" version instead of the dynamic family pose seen on the R2 cover.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I actually like it better; it'd be on thing if they just had a giant picture of Mr. Incredible's head. But the whole family's there, plus Frozone and Edna Mode. Much cooler than the publicity still set on a matte red background, in my opinion. That said, I would have preferred this poster to either of them:

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Count me in the group that is happy that they decided to release separate versions, I don't want a foolscreen transfer taking up disc space....that's one reason that I'm not as impressed with the Finding Nemo set as I might otherwise be.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I actually like the "both aspect ratios in one box" approach used on Nemo, etc. For my purposes, its like getting two copies of the movie for the price of one. I'll explain: My three year old and his soon to be Disney/Pixar fanatic 9 month old sister wear these movies out. I can keep the widescreen disc with the 65" 16:9 in the basement and the foolscreen disc with the 32" tube in the upstairs family room. No matter where we are in the house, there's a copy of their favorite movie ready to watch. No running up and down stairs to grab the disc, etc. Even if we can't find the version of choice, we have the second disc as a backup. The kids could could care less if its widescreen or foolscreen.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I'm really happy that they decided to give each aspect ratio its own release. It'll definitely make for a better picture quality. Can't wait to see this movie on DVD. Saw it in the theatres and loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks