The Incredible Melting Man on dvd possibly in 2004

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Mar 18, 2003.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

2. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

Wow, that's a title I havent heard since.....

..I was 10! I used to run out of the room when the TV spot ran. I never did see the movie. I'll have to pick it up just to confront my childhood fears. [​IMG]

Maybe, I'll even run it by MY 11 year old.... just to see... [​IMG]

C

3. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

It's typical 70's low-budget shlock... with the silliest premise ever... or at least in the top 5.

IMDB has a hilarious, and reasonably accurate summary.

Why this one is coming to DVD, I can't imagine.

-Scott

4. JeremiahFenerty

JeremiahFenerty Auditioning

It was on Mystery Science Theater 3000, it was the fourth episode in the Seventh season. The episode was pretty funny, as I recall (haven't seen it in a while) but I do remember the movie was awful. I'd buy the MST3K version of it on dvd, but since I know that will most likely never happen, will stay far away from this movie.

5. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Don May, Jr. on possible extras:

6. JeffMc

JeffMc Supporting Actor

jeffmc
    Why is this coming out on DVD?!?!? Because I'd buy it and I'm sure there are a lot of other cult-horror-shlock fans out there that will as well. Ya, it's a bad movie, but it's also a lot of fun in that so-bad-it's-good way.

As far as it being on TV or MST3K, I would never recommend seeing it that way. There are some pretty GORY make-up efx scenes supplied by a young Rick Baker which make the film rise way above it's meager origins - and these scenes would surely be cut for tv or MST3K broadcasts. There's also some nudity of Cheryl Rainbeaux Smith that would be cut. Why watch a gory-sleaze horror flick with all the gore and sleaze cut from it??? Plus, Synapse will release the original uncut version of the film for the first time on video - previous VHS editions were edited slightly here and there (including the ending) apparently due to damage to source materials they used.

I saw MELTING MAN at the drive-in when it first came out - it was bad then and I'm sure it's bad now - but I'd buy it in an instant!

7. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah I'm ashamed to say I would probably buy it as well ....(he says with his head hung low)