1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Incredible Melting Man on dvd possibly in 2004

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Mar 18, 2003.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

2. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

Wow, that's a title I havent heard since.....

..I was 10! I used to run out of the room when the TV spot ran. I never did see the movie. I'll have to pick it up just to confront my childhood fears. [​IMG]

Maybe, I'll even run it by MY 11 year old.... just to see... [​IMG]

C

3. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

It's typical 70's low-budget shlock... with the silliest premise ever... or at least in the top 5.

IMDB has a hilarious, and reasonably accurate summary.

Why this one is coming to DVD, I can't imagine.

-Scott

4. JeremiahFenerty

JeremiahFenerty Auditioning

It was on Mystery Science Theater 3000, it was the fourth episode in the Seventh season. The episode was pretty funny, as I recall (haven't seen it in a while) but I do remember the movie was awful. I'd buy the MST3K version of it on dvd, but since I know that will most likely never happen, will stay far away from this movie.

5. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Don May, Jr. on possible extras:

6. JeffMc

JeffMc Supporting Actor

jeffmc
    Why is this coming out on DVD?!?!? Because I'd buy it and I'm sure there are a lot of other cult-horror-shlock fans out there that will as well. Ya, it's a bad movie, but it's also a lot of fun in that so-bad-it's-good way.

As far as it being on TV or MST3K, I would never recommend seeing it that way. There are some pretty GORY make-up efx scenes supplied by a young Rick Baker which make the film rise way above it's meager origins - and these scenes would surely be cut for tv or MST3K broadcasts. There's also some nudity of Cheryl Rainbeaux Smith that would be cut. Why watch a gory-sleaze horror flick with all the gore and sleaze cut from it??? Plus, Synapse will release the original uncut version of the film for the first time on video - previous VHS editions were edited slightly here and there (including the ending) apparently due to damage to source materials they used.

I saw MELTING MAN at the drive-in when it first came out - it was bad then and I'm sure it's bad now - but I'd buy it in an instant!

7. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

Much of the gore is still in the MST3K version.

"I learned you never shout 'I'm Dr. Ted Nelson!' at a cop."

8. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah I'm ashamed to say I would probably buy it as well ....(he says with his head hung low)