What's new

The Incredible Journey DVD??????????? (1 Viewer)

Darren_Fu

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if Disney will ever release the original version of The Incredible Journey on DVD? They put Homward Bound IJ 2 on DVD. I don't see why they haven't released the original. If anyone has any info, I would really like to know. I loved this movie when I was a kid and I would like to share it with my kids someday. I have the video but it is about 15 years old that the video and sound are getting pretty sorry.

Darren

Chris M

Second Unit
The Incredible Jurney with the voice of Michael J. Fox was released to DVD, it's in a funky white plastic case that doesn't match anything else, and it's been P&S'd, the quality is terrible, there are no extras and it's expensive (though I think they did drop the price finally).

Anyway, you should be able to find it, but I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you REALLY HAVE TO... even then I'd suggest not to!

Chris.

Darren_Fu

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Chris........but I was referring to the original incredible journey not part 2 with the voice of M.J.Fox. I am not really fond of part 2. I need the original, I know Disney has not released it because I have been looking all over for it. If anyone else knows something please let me know.

Darren

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Part II (Lost in San Francisco) is something entirely different, and that received an anamorphic widescreen barebones DVD release this past April. "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey" is the first remake, and the poor release that Chris is referring to (one of Disney's very first DVDs).

As for the old Incredible Journey movie, currently there are no plans to release it on DVD. But that should be good news, since if it were released soon, it would likely get barebones, Pan & Scan treatment that films like Monkeys, Go Home! and Blackbeard's Ghost are getting. Unreleased as it is now, there's always the potential for Disney to do the DVD release right like the Vault Disney titles.

Chris M

Second Unit
My bad! I had no idea there was an Incredible Journey from 1963! Hehe, thus I was thinking that the M.J. Fox version was the first one, and then a sequel was made.

Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks