Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Mill Creek has a deal with Sony. I would expect Universal to release it themselves domestically.
I was reading a post in the other forum where the episode Married with be the two part syndicated cut, not the uncut release on DVD..
Anyone know what that means lol ??

MattHR

Screenwriter
Mill Creek has a deal with Sony. I would expect Universal to release it themselves domestically. I was reading a post in the other forum where the episode Married with be the two part syndicated cut, not the uncut release on DVD.. Anyone know what that means lol ??
Mill Creek also has a deal with Universal, and has recently released Airwolf, Miami Vice and Knight Rider on DVD and Blu-ray, so Hulk could also be a title they are able to license.

I'd imagine when it comes to remastering TV shows for broadcast channels in HD, it would make sense that they would utilize the syndicated versions for the few longer-than-normal episodes, since there'd be little to no value in showing them in their original longer versions. However, for Blu-ray release, we fans of course will always prefer (demand?) them in their originally-as-broadcast versions. The studios may simply find it more cost effective to remaster them in HD in the more broadcast-friendly format, leaving the original versions to be found only on previous DVD editions, or in some cases, never to be seen again.

MattHR

Screenwriter
A possibility I just thought of when it comes to licensing... It's likely Universal may not actually be allowed to license Hulk to another company, since Uni already licenses the character itself from Marvel. Even if they could, they may feel that Hulk is too valuable a property to let lower-level outfits (like Mill Creek) handle. They may wish to keep Hulk in-house for their own future tie-ins with other Hulk and/or Avengers feature films.

Of course, the three post-series Hulk reunion movies (none produced or owned by Universal) have been available from a few different low-level DVD distributors for years. Not sure how their licensing is handled, as their original producer (New World Pictures) has been defunct for quite some time.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuskilramu