What's new

THE IMMORTAL (1970-1971) to hit DVD very soon! (1 Viewer)

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Closing in on the last two episodes of this show. I have enjoyed my visits with Ben Richards and Fletcher. I still remember being very upset that this show was canceled. I didn't always seem to have the best luck in picking shows that would have a long life. Seems like I liked shows that appealed to me but not the masses (Dan August, Longstreet, My World & Welcome To It, etc)

I am glad that some of these have made their way onto home video since I can once again be that young teenager reliving the joys of just three networks. :D.

Last edited:

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Ep. 14 - Sanctuary

Ben Richards is severely hurt while driving a dune buggy and is found by Native Americans. They take him back to their reservation to recover and during his recuperation he gains insight to another culture.

Sal Mineo (Escape From The Planet of the Apes), Paul Picerni (The Untouchables), Don Knight , Iron Eyes Cody

Fletcher alert!!!

Another socially conscious episode. Ben learns from and also teaches native Americans about their respective cultures.An interesting twist on the traditional "man out of water" story, enhanced by great guest star turns.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I didn't always seem to have the best luck in picking shows that would have a long life. Seems like I liked shows that appealed to me but not the masses (Dan August, Longstreet, My World & Welcome To It, etc)

I know what you mean, Doug, about liking shows that seemed to get cancelled. This was especially true in the 1980s, 90s and 2000s for all those sci-fi and fantasy shows that the networks (especially main offender Fox) used to try and capitalize on the pop culture cachet of Star Trek and The X-Files, but never gave enough time to build an audience. Shows like VR-5, Brimstone, Otherworld, Alcatraz, Max Headroom, The Phoenix, The Lone Gunmen, Voyagers, Dark Skies, Space: Above and Beyond, The Visitor, Strange Luck, Cupid and of course, the woefully mistreated Firefly.

Would definitely like to see Dan August released, as well as that other Burt Reynolds police drama, Hawk.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Ep. 15 - My Brother's Keeper

Ben runs across his brother??? The story has hit an end. Does he have the genetic anomalies of Ben? Fletcher wants to know.

Don Knight, Michael Strong (Star Trek), James Sikking (Hill Street Blues), Marj Dusay (All My Children, Star Trek)

Fletcher alert!!!

Well, I have reached the end and Ben has no more answers now than when the series began. I am still disappointed that there was no conclusion with definitive answers. Would have been nice to see. I can see how this premise could get tiresome as the stakes do not seem as dire as running because your innocent (The Fugitive) or running for a cure (?) like David Banner (The Incredible Hulk). Those shows had a bit more concrete reason for running, but I enjoyed watching Ben outwit Fletcher/Maitland each week. At least I can revisit when I want to. I was glad they closed out the Jordan Braddock storyline.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Closing in on the last two episodes of this show. I have enjoyed my visits with Ben Richards and Fletcher. I still remember being very upset that this show was canceled. I didn't always seem to have the best luck in picking shows that would have a long life. Seems like I liked shows that appealed to me but not the masses (Dan August, Longstreet, My World & Welcome To It, etc)

I am glad that some of these have made their way onto home video since I can once again be that young teenager reliving the joys of just three networks. :D.

Yes, that's an interesting topic. Shows that you liked which only lasted a season or less. Off the top of my head, in addition to The Immortal, I would list Occasional Wife, Love on a Rooftop, Run Buddy Run, The Jean Arthur Show, The Tycoon, Hank, Longstreet, Dan August, Hawk, T.H.E. Cat, Coronet Blue, Second Hundred Years, Wendy and Me, Karen, No Time For Sergeants, Pistols 'n' Petticoats, He and She, The Outsider, Broadside, My Living Doll, Baileys of Balboa, Mickey, Many Happy Returns, Lucas Tanner, James at 15, Gidget, Honey West, Mr. Roberts, Camp Runamuck, Hey Landlord, Time Tunnel, Girl from UNCLE, Accidental Family, My Friend Tony, Garrison's Gorillas, Blondie and The Queen and I.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Yes, that's an interesting topic. Shows that you liked which only lasted a season or less. Off the top of my head, in addition to The Immortal, I would list Occasional Wife, Love on a Rooftop, Run Buddy Run, The Jean Arthur Show, The Tycoon, Hank, Longstreet, Dan August, Hawk, T.H.E. Cat, Coronet Blue, Second Hundred Years, Wendy and Me, Karen, No Time For Sergeants, Pistols 'n' Petticoats, He and She, The Outsider, Broadside, My Living Doll, Baileys of Balboa, Mickey, Many Happy Returns, Lucas Tanner, James at 15, Gidget, Honey West, Mr. Roberts, Camp Runamuck, Hey Landlord, Time Tunnel, Girl from UNCLE, Accidental Family, My Friend Tony, Garrison's Gorillas, Blondie and The Queen and I.

And Future Cop, which I thought was pretty good!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.