What's new

Pre-Order The Iceman Cometh (1973) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Wow! Another entry from the American Film Theatre comes to Blu-ray, this one directed by John Frankenheimer with a stellar cast that includes Lee Marvin, Frederic March, Robert Ryan, Jeff Bridges, and Bradford Dillman. It's an actor's feast, not to mention a faithful 1973 full-length transcription of Eugene O'Neill's landmark play. At 4 hours long, it's a marathon session, but dramatically worthwhile.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wow! Another entry from the American Film Theatre comes to Blu-ray, this one directed by John Frankenheimer with a stellar cast that includes Lee Marvin, Frederic March, Robert Ryan, Jeff Bridges, and Bradford Dillman. It's an actor's feast, not to mention a faithful 1973 full-length transcription of Eugene O'Neill's landmark play. At 4 hours long, it's a marathon session, but dramatically worthwhile.
Yeah, I can retire my 2003 DVD from Kino now. I need to compare my 2002 DVD of Jason Robards in lead to Lee Marvin's version.

obscurelabel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
It will be interesting to see how the cut footage looks on this release. It was quite noticable (at least in places) on the Kino DVD ... I hope that Kino can discuss the status of the film elements and what if anything was done for restoration for the blu-ray. That sort of thing fascinates me (and you all too - admit it! ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks