1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Order The Hunger Games 4-Film Collection (4k UHD) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    81o29uCgr6L._SX522_.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Hunger-Games-Complete-4-Film-Collection-4K-Blu-ray/dp/B081KQHCPR?tag=bluray-011-20&linkCode=xm2&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

2. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Over 3 years after the BBY exclusive was released as a boxset -- that's a rather long spacing even though the BBY item was OOS for a very long stretch of that. I was shocked a few days ago when they went up for sale again for 22.99 - though only a very short while

3. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    I own all four and have never had the urge to rewatch them after seeing them theatrically and enjoying them. Don’t know why.

4. Tommy R

Tommy R Screenwriter

Tommy
    I rewatched them here and there while they were still coming out theatrically, but haven’t viewed them since the final film’s release. Though I’ve been feeling the urge to go through them again, and was subsequently dismayed when I saw that all the films have been released on 4K disc ONLY individually. Nice to know I’ll be able to get it in a box set now. I probably would have gone ahead and bought them if it had been a few more months.

5. Message #5 of 9 Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    David Norman

David Norman Producer

That isn't quite true -- BBY released a full boxset in 2016 though it has been OOS more than instock after the 1st year or so though was is store into 2018. Several people have been able to order it dirt cheap in the last week or so.

There were also 4K 4 Movie boxsets in UK, AUS amd Germany, but the BD discs of several were B-locked in those set

6. Tommy R

Tommy R Screenwriter

Tommy
    Don’t know what BBY or OSS are. Just did an Amazon search a while back and only remember seeing the single releases. But regardless, I’ll be getting this new set anyways.

7. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Best Buy (BBY) -- it was an exclusive in 2016. I thought there was a previous thread with it, but I saw a couple mentions about in the 4k Reviews including Mr Harris's A Few Words thread.

Out of Stock (OOS)

Tommy R likes this.
  8. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    Be aware that the UHD version of Catching Fire only presents it in the standard 2.40:1 format.

The previous Blu-ray version retained the film’s IMAX presentation which had the ratio switching from 2.40:1 to 1.78:1.

9. ScottJH

ScottJH Supporting Actor

Scott
    The Best Buy exclusive release was nothing to write home about. It was just the 4 individual releases/cases with a thin sleeve holding them together. Hopefully Lionsgate went back to the drawing board and makes this an actual digibook style release.