What's new

*The HTF Tournament FAQ* (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
An oversight on my part, Jim.
Jim K.'s Remake Tourney is lots of clean, family fun. The first tourney to utilize "triple-header" pairings! Jim is a trailblazer! :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Scott, that was truly funnier than even your normal review. I already knew the skinny on Tourney's (being old-school) and still read the FAQ just for the fun of reading it. :D
And don't be so quick to dismiss someone from being a weenie, always trust your first instincts. ;) (zing at Mr. SW)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I'm not quite a newbie here, but I sure needed to read the FAQ thread. Guys, even after Rain so graciously explained these tournaments to me--using simple, one-syllable words and speaking very slowly--this simpering mental simpleton still could not grasp all this.

And now comes along Scott's careful elucidation. I think I understand the basics now. I might even start participating. It sure helps to know the rules and groundrules.

First, though, I must go back to reading The Internet For Dummies.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Jack, I could have used your vote in my SF tourney. :) I still can't believe Star Wars beat out 2001...

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Just to let everyone know in case someone is planning a similar tournament, I'm currently working on my first tournament and it will be a...

SPOOFS TOURNAMENT

I hope there's not been one before. I've not been around here very long, so I'm not sure. I'm still compiling a list. It's a lot more vast than I'd originally thought.

So, I just thought I'd let everyone know what I was doing. I'll probably put it up, once a few of these current tourneys come to an end, and once I get my final list (with a few slots open to nominations).

I'll let you guys know when I finally get it put up!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Very cool, Walt! I believe I did one well over a year ago after reading a few fun spoof discussions.
I'll be a big help with nominations. :)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
While there's a shuffling of areas here at the HTF, why don't they come up with a Tournament Section?
Also, once we have a large group of these tourneys finished, we'll have a tournament tournament - where you vote for your favorite tournament!
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif
:crazy:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations to 2001: A Space Odyssey for winning the HTF "Favorite Movie" Tournament. While this movie is notable for many things, of particular historical interest is the fact that Kubrick's masterpiece was the first movie to spawn a "fanboy". :)
Thanks to all who participated! I'm off to watch a movie with an actual plot! (Don't flame me. I kid because I love.)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Dear Scott:

Is it wrong to masquerade yourself off as your neighbor in an effort to elevate one of your favorite movies to a win?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I just wanted to let everyone know that my Best Criterion DVD Tournament is now underway. Stop in and vote! I'm using a point system in this tourney so instead of simply voting for one disc or the other, you get to rate each disc on transfer quality, supplements, and the film itself. The highest-rated DVD moves on. There is also a "side tourney" wherein you get to vote for movies - from a list created by myself and others - you'd most like to see in the Criterion Collection!
See ya there! :)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
What's that smell, you ask? That's my Bad SF Movies Tournament! Now up and running! Featuring an oderiferous selection of the worst the SF genre has to offer! From Armageddon to Species 2 to Xtro! Come on over and help us determine the stinkiest of the lot! Nose plugs optional.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Should we post suggestions for possible tournaments here?
I've thought of a few that some of you might be interested in doing:
Best Movie Poster Tournament - This would be massive!
Best Monty Python Skit - For the hardcore fans.
Best Film Editing: A Tournament - This could be an interesting movie tournament for someone knowledgeable enough to run it.
Chick Flicks! The Tournament! - Um, just kidding! :D
I'm planning on running an Irish Movies Tournament soon. Keep an eye out for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks