The HTF 2003 DVD Challenge

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Lutter, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

As we come to the end of the year, Matthew Chmiel and I came up with a great idea for a New Year's resolution. Over the next year, we are going to watch EVERY SINGLE TITLE (sans Television titles) in our collections OVER AGAIN. EXTRAS AND ALL!
    So, in the spirit of previous HTF challenges, here comes the mother of them all... can you watch every disc in your collection in the time span of 365 days?
    The challenge starts January 1st, 2003... who is in? [​IMG]

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

You do realize that if I accept the challenge, I might have to unwrap the 35 DVD's I've yet to open, and watch the total of 55+ that haven't stepped foot in my player yet? I'm up for it.

3. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I only buy a DVD that I will watch at least once a year to a year-and-a-half. So, this will be no problem since I only own about 130 DVDs (been buying for three years).

4. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

I'd love to do this. I'm at about 270 titles not counting all the X-files, Sopranos, Simpsons, etc.

About 85-90 of those titles I have not watched since purchasing, some as many as two years ago.

I'm going to axe my cable, save the $50 a month since there's not much good on anyway, and just watch DVD, unless I'm watching my usual taped Simpsons or Seinfeld. Hopefully, I should be able to get one in a day, plus several on the weekends...

5. AdrianOC

AdrianOC Stunt Coordinator

So do I have to watch every episode of my X-Files/Buffy season sets too or does watching 1 of the episodes count? [​IMG]
    Sounds like something I'd be up for anyway. Could be fun...

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

7. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

I dont think id have enough time even if i stayed awake 24/7 :)

capt

8. Joe McKeown

Joe McKeown Stunt Coordinator

OK, my collection isn't as insane as Dave's, but it is insane enough that I couldn't possibly watch every disk within a year. Personally, I've been trying to resolve to spend LESS time in front of the tube. Spend more time playing with the kids, less (unpaid) overtime at work.

9. Zane Charron

Zane Charron Second Unit

I'm out as well. I have about 1000 titles and probably a couple hundred unwatched films (not to mention the extras). My New Year's Resolution will also be to try and not buy so many DVDs this year. Damn, that's gonna be hard.
    [​IMG]

10. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

11. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

More to the point - can anyone do both the HTF DVD challenge and still lead an active social life? Now there's a tough cookie.

Had I not upgraded so many discs this year to better special editions, I might have given it a try. Ohhhh, the irony!

12. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

I'm up for it, but I've only got about 155 films so it shouldn't be too terribly hard. I think maybe I'll include all my TV though. That will make it very difficult.

I've slowed down my pruchasing in the last few months, but I'm getting so far behind on my must have list, I think it's time to pick it back up again. It will make it hard to watch them all if you add in all the great discs coming out this next year.

13. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

That would mean that I have to watch at least 6 films a day for every day of the year!...Wait...maybe if I quit my job...

14. Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher Screenwriter

Joseph E Fisher
    I'm down for it. With 449 movies in DVD in my collection, I think I can pull it off. Plus I was thinking of doing something like this anyway. May god have mercy on my sorry soul. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Joe
    HTF 2003 DVD Challenge
    01/01/2003---Ben-Hur, 2001:A Space Odyssey

15. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

Not to make it impossible, but does "every extra" include commentaries? [​IMG]

16. Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher Screenwriter

Joseph E Fisher
    Another picky question. What do we do in the case of a dvd with multiple versions of a movie. Examples..Abyss, T2, ID4. Do we just watch one version or do we have to watch all the versions. Nothing like watching T2 3 times in one day.[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

This sounds fun, but it's just not possible for me. This year I will attempt to reduce my backlog of nearly 150 unwatched DVDs. [​IMG]

18. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I'll try to watch all of my "main collection" titles...
    A few DVDs I have, which I either bought and didn't like or got as gifts are not part of my regular collection. I really don't want to have to spend 4 hours on Planet of the Apes Redux or watch my P&S Vegas Vacation DVD.
    Do I have to watch all of my DVD calibration disc? [​IMG]

19. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

If you don't have over 300 movies, I think this will be pretty easy... now, those of you that by "complusively" and act like a pack rat with your DVDs (no! I can't sell THAT!) and have a stockload of 600+ DVDs may be in trouble [​IMG]
    Just to clarify:
    -Commentaries are optional (sans: LOTR, Spinal Tap, Bruce Campbell)
    -You can go in any order (I want to go from A to Z, Chmiel wants to go Z to A)
    -Television shows are not included (I have WAY to much TV to pull that one off)

20. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

well count me out as I would not make it past the middle of february (50 in total), although with the amount that is so far announced for 2003, I might make it past 150.
    Maybe next year
    [​IMG]