"The House That Dripped Blood" on 10/28.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jay E, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

This took me by surprise, The Amicus omnibus The House That dripped Blood is being released on 10/28 for $14.95 retail by Lion's Gate. I loved this film as a child, it scared the crap out of me.

I'm hoping that we may one day see other Amicus omnibus films such as Tales From the Crypt, The Vault of Horror and Torture Garden.

2. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

Awesome! The House that Dripped Blood! I had almost forgotten about this title. Saw it years and years ago.

3. AlanBrom

AlanBrom Second Unit

Jay, where did you see this for pre-order? I remember DVD Drive-In announced this a while back when it was originally slated for August, then it got delayed. Glad to see it back on schedule because I love this film too.

4. Kenneth English

Kenneth English Second Unit

Great news! I haven't seen this one since around 1987 when it played on local TV late at night.

Image released ASYLUM as part of their "Euroshock" series (albeit full-frame and with a pretty terrible transfer) but when is someone going to delve into the rest of the Amicus anthology films (TORTURE GARDEN, VAULT OF HORROR, TALES FROM THE CRYPT, FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE, DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS, etc)?

5. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Alan

It's up for pre-order at DVD Empire.

Dr Terror's House of Horrors is being released in Region 2 UK by Anchor Bay, but I'm not sure who owns the rights here in the US. Torture Garden is owned by Columbia, From Beyond the Grave by Warner (who released this on Laser through Image) and I'm not sure who owns Tales from the Crypt and From Beyond the Grave.

6. AlanBrom

AlanBrom Second Unit

Thanks Jay! I heard that DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS is now owned by Amicus, and they also have other Amicus films: THE DEADLY BEES and THE PSYCHOPATH. I agree Kenneth, I would love to see all the Amicus films out on DVD, hopefully soon! Image also put out nice letterboxed DVDS of AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS and THE BEAST MUST DIE.

7. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

Watch for TALES FROM THE CRYPT on the HBO and Cinemax networks. They run it fairly often, and the print includes footage not in the video versions.

8. DeanR

DeanR Second Unit

Dean
    I think Jay is referring to a different Tales of the Crypt.