What's new

The Horror of being a Trek DVD Fan.. (1 Viewer)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I never got my rebate, but I suspect it's because I moved while it was in the mail. For some reason, certain rebates can't be forwarded-it's the second time that's happened to me with a rebate-guess I should stop moving!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The price and the frequency of the Star Trek sets has me looking for seasons 5-7 of TNG for a good used price, and skipping DS9 and Voyager, which I might have considerred otherwise.

When I can get Alias and Buffy for $40, I can't swallow Star Trek every 1.7 months at $100.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
Anyone have a email address i could write to see about what happened to my rebate? I've not moved since I sent mine in.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I know it must be so hard to be a Star Trek fan...I mean, getting the movies out and all in the forms that you want them in is so trying on a person.

I mean, I love I LOVE LUCY, and it has been really difficult only getting two releases of four shows each to a disk every other month of so, and then finally getting a rehasing of the entire first season into a complete box and Lord only knows how long it will take to get Season Two out (of a show that is responsible for giving production birth to your show...)

Let's see, you all got what, STNG all in one year?

Oh yes, and the Peanuts series and movies...not only does Paramount now have the rights to the two movies that were Fox properties, but they want to hold onto them until whenever...we are lucky when we a get a holiday release to come out let alone what we have been asking for.

Oh Friday the 13th...sorry...dead horse issue right?

What I am saying is...be happy that you all are getting what you all have been asking for and what makes you happy. Many of us out there are still waiting for our pet titles to happen in a form that we have requested....

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, the TNG discs were also in authoring back in 2000. It's not like they cranked them all out in 1 year

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
In the process of opening the cumbersome packaging with the inadequate disc retaining clips, disc four in the set popped out of the nacelle, because the retaining clip had broken off previously. Stupidly, I slid the disc back into place before reaching for disc seven. Instantly I realized my idiotic mistake.>>>

One more reason why I've been glad to purchase the 7 Disc Holding Amaray cases. Not really space saving, but they do have the easy pop in, pop out disc retainers that look sturdy enough not to break. I can't remember if it was the Trek Discs, or the Simpson discs that had terrible disc holders, and I was afraid that I was going to break the disc in half trying to get the thing out of it's casing...

But I wonder, would Paramount replace one damaged disc if you have the receipt?

Britton

Screenwriter
In my utopian society, all the studios would implement a system where they would sell you each individual disc of a boxed set for a decent price, depending on the MSRP of the entire set. Basically, you would send in your bad disc and they would ship you a replacement for a fee. People who never bought the boxed set would not be able to take part in the program so the studios wouldn't be cheated out of sales.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Well, if you think your prices are bad, try buying these series in the dear old UK. :frowning:

In fact, I haven't bothered buying them. Sure, I like them, but:

(a) cost
(b) the presence of Wesley in the first few series of TNG
(c) cost
(d) episodes are on a couple of times a day on satellite TV
(e) cost

The only thing I'm buying is the box set of double episodes from TNG due out in R2 later this year (and I'll fast-forward through any section with Wesley).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks