What's new

The Hitcher - 2-DVD Special Edition Details (1 Viewer)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
From my website:

http://www.zetaminor.com/whatsnew.htm

-------------------------------------------------------

Momentum will release a new two-disc special edition version of The Hitcher on June 30th. The 1986 film was one of the first movies to become a huge home video seller, gathering a loyal cult following long after it had ended its theatrical release.

The new two-disc set will feature a new anamorphic transfer (in 2.35:1 ratio), with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio (contrary to what you might read elsewhere, it does not have DTS audio). The first disc contains the movie, with a full-length commentary track by director Robert Harmon and writer Eric Red. It also has scene-specific commentary by Harmon, executive producer Edward S. Feldman, Eric Red, composer Mark Isham, cinematographer John Searle and stars C. Thomas Howell and Rutger Hauer.

The second disc will feature a brand new forty-minute documentary, The Hitcher - How Do These Movies Get Made?, which includes interviews with all the key cast and crew members, with the regrettable exception of Jennifer Jason Leigh. The documentary is in 1.78:1 anamorphic format. Disc two will also contain two trailers, filmographies, script extracts (including two deleted scenes), and two short movies: Robert Harman's 1980 debut China Lake (34m) and Rutger Hauer's 2001 film The Room (11m). Both shorts are presented in non-anamorphic 2.35:1 ratio and have optional director's commentary. China Lake has a 2.0 soundtrack, The Room is in 5.1.

-------------------------------------------------------

To see menu screens from the new discs, follow the link above!

Brett C

Second Unit
Sounds like a great release,looking forward to getting my hands on it! Thanks for the info...

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Here's a review of the DVD: THE HITCHER: SPECIAL EDITION

Sounds like an excellent release. I haven't seen this film in years. As I recall, it is a nerve-twister and Hauer is excellent.

I recently got Anchor Bay's superb DVD edition of Road Games and that DVD is definately worth picking up if you like The Hitcher. :emoji_thumbsup:

Gordy

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Hauer is absolutely riveting and unrelentless in this movie
compared to some of his other movies he has done

:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks