What's new

The Hit (1984) -- Fullframe? (1 Viewer)

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I see Artisan Entertainment is releasing a movie on my wish list, the 1984 gangster drama The Hit, starring Terence Stamp and introducing Tim Roth to most of the world.

Can't find anything about it at Artisan's website, but it's listed just about everywhere. And DVDPlanet and DVDPriceSearch says it's going to be *fullfame.* (Image Entertainment has no information on format.) (And I'm assuming it's going to be pan and scan, not open matte.)

If it IS fullframe, that's one sale Artisan has lost. I'm not going to buy it. Why do companies persist in this fullframe mania???? Can't they at least release BOTH widescreen and fullframe, if they must have fullframe?

So frustrating.

Someone please tell me DVDPlanet and DVDPriceSearch are wrong and that The Hit will be widescreen.

-- Paula (who likes 1:33 movies just fine -- when they're supposed to be that way, generally 1952 and before)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I had no idea this was coming out.
After doing some checking it looks like its full frame. :angry:
This would've been a must buy for me.
Here we go again. :frowning:
So sale Artisan :thumbsdown:

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Artisan is clueless when it come to presenting their films on DVD. What a waste of a film library.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Artisan only seems to keep 2:35.1 catalog titles OAR (the rerelease of Pioneer's "After Dark My Sweet."); other titles, from 'Extreme Prejudice" to the reissue of "Mountains of the Moon" are all botch jobs, although I think I read that the upcoming release of "Johnny Handsome" would be OAR.

Is there someone we can write to there? It's terribly frustrating and short-sighted-- I'd buy this film in a heartbeat even non-anamorphic letterbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks