What's new

The Hills Have Eyes Unrated - The Version to Die For (1 Viewer)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

Ah, that explains it. I still want to see it. Maybe with all the renewed interest around the franchise, Anchor Bay will give it a decent release.

As for the ending to the remake, I hated it too, just because it's such a cliche. But, at least it would appear that it's leading somewhere, as they are developing a sequel now, with Craven writing the script.

And I enjoyed TCM 2, but "Leatherface" and "The Next Generation" are pretty terrible. Part 2 at least attempted to do something different, whereas the last two are pretty much remakes, and bad ones at that.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, I really like TCM 2. There's some great stuff from Bill Mosely in it.

Adam Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Scott
Did anyone else get around to picking this disc up yet with the "packet of blood" packaging from Best Buy? Any thoughts?

Adam Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Scott

Interesting David....I havent had a chance to listen to the commentary track(s) yet...

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
There's definately a sequel coming. Craven's talked about it. He's writing the script (along with his son) and I think Aja's returning to direct. It was on Dark Horizons.

I just found the link, actually.
"Craven Talks Hills Sequel"

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Adam,

You might want to consider using spoiler tags on your last post. No point in blowing the ending of the movie for those whom haven't seen it yet.

Adam Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Scott

My fault, Donnie. Thank you for bringing that up; we got so wrapped up in the discussion of a sequel that I lost sight of the fact that there are people who have not seen this yet. I will edit the whole post now.

Nick Chavez Beverly Hills

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nicholas Chavez

Johnny,

When Best Buy first released this title (when I bought it), there was a "Limited Exclusive Packaging" sticker on the slipcase with the blood drops in it; it seemed to be a Best Buy exclusive package indeed....then I saw it popping up in stores without the slipcase, much like what is happening now with World Trade Center's two disc commemorative edition....

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Nick. I Don't remember seeing the limited packaging but, I do remember seeing the slip case. I wanted to pick it up recently but, haven't been able to find it with the slip case anywhere. I know it's a minor detail but, I still love slip cases and collectable packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks