The Hebrew Hammer on Comedy Central

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    Okay, on the one hand, it was terribly politically incorrect and wrong on many many levels. On the other hand, I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Who else watched it and what do you think? Is the "Jewsploitation" genre about to explode?

Regards,

2. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I thought it was hilarious. Adam Goldberg was on the Daily Show last week and he said that a theatrical version would be coming out later.

3. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    What I caught, I thought was pretty funny, and a nice reversal of the blacksploitation genre. It had me laughing in the same way Undercover Brother did.

4. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

I was kinda torn. On one hand, it was definitely funny..."Et tu, Blitzen!". But a lot of the stuff went over the line of funny and into hate & poor taste. Undercover Brother never really seemed to cross that line for me, but Hammer did repeatedly.

I would definitely give it a second shot in a theater. They might also try to clean up or maybe even re-loop the dialogue in some of the scenes, because they were talking either too fast or it just came out faint.

I was wondering if this belonged in Movies or TV, I guess TV for now.

5. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I just looked it up on the IMDB and NO WONDER the picture looked like crap (IMO), it was shot in 2.35:1 so we got some major pan&scan. I think this film will get better appreciation in the theater and on DVD.

6. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

7. Ivan Lindenfeld

Ivan Lindenfeld Second Unit

I have got to chime in.

Not only did I laugh my Jewish ass off, but many of the bits were memorable as well. In other words, they struck my funnybone in such a way that I remembered the gag.

Production values were all over the board. I don't know how this project came into being, but I would encourage it to be theatrically released.

If anything, it didn't go far enough into skewering the Jewish stereotypes. I would have liked to have seen the representative of the "Blind Followers of The State of Israel" at the Hall of Jewish council (or whatever the called it.)

The Jewish mother was right on. The orgasm scene was so right on my wife (Jewish, too) WAS offended for split second.

Aaaah, the power of Jewish guilt. [​IMG]

8. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

I saw this at the Seattle Film Festival this summer. I thought it was pretty funny, with most of the jokes being completely obvious. (These spoof films usually are.) A Jewish friend I went with loved it to death. She got all the jokes that went flying over my head. So it'll most likely enhance the funniness if you're Jewish.