What's new

The Hauting bass(DTS).......WOW! (1 Viewer)

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched the a sample of the movie last night on the DTS sample disk and I was impressed.......the bass that is. Very deep and dynamic. I was thinking of buying this movie. I heard some reviews about the movie, some good, some bad. Of course as far as the sound go, that's the good part. But I heard the movie isn't that great. I want to see the whole because, I'm dying to hear the entire soundtrack. For those of you who have this disk, please give me some reviews. Should I buy for the DTS sound?

Charles

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I know that it is a great test disk for your subs. I am trying to find a local place that has it in stock so I can test out my SVS's. They say it's a real sub killer.

I saw it in the Theater and I liked the movie.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Charles, yes, I would definatly pick this up, it's one of the best soundtracks out their! Beware, if your sub is not properly calibrated, and your careless with the volume, your sub will die a quick death. You can also kiss goodbye any pictures that might be on the walls in the area.
I'm not kidding.
As for the film, I enjoy it. It's a guilty pleasure title for me. And the DTS track on this disc doesn't just excell at the low end, it excells in creating a very spooky atmosphere in your HT room too. You'll actually FEEL the presance of the ghost breathing down your neck with this track, as well as every creaking pipe that will have you turning your head to see if it's real, or the movie!
Check it out.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Definitely have to agree here this soundtrack is KILLER! Not to mention guys its one of the FEW dics out there that is DTD ES Discrete 6.1 so definitely a disc to own for reference audio

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
I wish I could rent this one just to hear it! Unfortunately only the DD is carried for rental & the only way I'd see this awful movie again would be for the DTS experience...

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
the only way I'd see this awful movie again would be for the DTS experience...
Hear, here. I've been tempted to purchase the dts version simply because everyone raves about the sound, but I didn't like the movie. I don't see the point in purchasing a movie I didn't like no matter how good the sound or picture may be.

Todd Durham

Agent
Trust me....the first time I heard this bass my house was shakin. I bought my copy at dtsonline.com for online $12.50 + shipping. Its well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks