What's new

The Haunting 99' . Did this movie have TOO much bass? (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
This movie went bass crazy, and in a weird way, it kind of angered me. There was too much in my opinion...

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Well, they had to use something to keep you from concentrating on the story, flimsy as it was.

Bruce

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
Right now, with my piddly ass sub yes, there is too much bass. However, in the near future when I get my 20-39 pc, I'll probably think it doesn't have enough. BTW, I don't think anybody has ever had a problem with the bass being there, just that it's so low (massive amounts of signal under 20 Hz) and loud that it damages subs that aren't equipped to handle it, which is almost all of them. People have the same complaints about Titan AE.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
If it wasnt for the Bass, who would buy the movie?

I bought the DTS version only for its DEMO quality.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Gee, Jon, you sure that's a good idea? I mean, when you move into an appartment where you really can't enjoy bass like that, won't that sort of be a waste?
:)

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
J Fo., that quote was taken completely out of context ;). Todd, I have a JBL 150 watt 10". It stops making noise at 26 Hz, but it's pretty weak at that level. I know it has a limiter in it, because I've never been able to bottom it out, until yesterday. I recently got a new amp with a DTS LFE adjustment (my old amp didn't have one and was 10 Db too low). I was testing some new cable with The Haunting DTS and my sub distorted and dropped out when the wall comes alive and kicks Lily Taylor out of the bed with the loudest, lowest bass clap I've ever heard. Oops. J. Fo, that's why I need a new one. I'm going to shred this one to pieces pretty soon at this rate.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
???
It's an awful movie, but I own it anyway.
Why? The bass! My sub just loves that film (along with Titan AE). Heck, I thought my house's foundation was going to crumble during certain parts of it... broken pictures, scared cats, and rattling windows. My buddy that was watching it with me thought it felt like a 6.0+ earthquake (and he used to live in So. Cal).

kevin_tomb

Stunt Coordinator
Bass in a movie is cool as long as its not just repetitious and the SAME EXACT note over and over. That gets old fast, no matter how great it sounds at first. Hey by the way I love that bass in TITAN AE. In the HAUNTING it does get old sorta fast in my opinione though....too much of the same...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks