Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I caught this film either on Netflix or Amazon prime a few years back and watched it and loved the tone of the film and the pace. It isn't a film for everyone but this is one title I wish Nick Redman and Julie Kirgo could have done a commentary track for... although possibly they didn't have enough to say about the film. I will look forward to Julie's notes. :) I need to order this title in my next batch of TT blu's I order.

Robin9

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched this disc a few days ago. I hadn't seen the film for a long time and most of it I had forgotten. The real attraction of this film for me is the inclusion of some of my favorite actresses, including Tina Louise and Karen Steele.

I enjoyed the film although I found it unsatisfying. The central issue for me is a non-event. Most people find discontentment when reaching middle-age, and I didn't see that the Jean Simmons character had any major cause for complaint. I thought the music score was syrupy rubbish and contributed nothing worthwhile; certainly neither emotion nor drama.

I did like Bobby Darin's cameo. I thought he did that really well.