The Hammer Horror Collection Box from WB...how are the dvds packaged?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jeffrey Nelson, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    Do they each come in their own individual regular keepcase? Slim keepcase? Are they doubled up two to a disc? Some of the individual releases were snappers, that's why I ask. And apparently only two of them were released as a double-feature disc, THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN and TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA, which I just picked up recently, hoping the rest of the films were available this way as well, but...nope. I'm trying to get them all in similar packaging, but if they're in slim cases in the box, I won't be able to, because DRACULA A.D. 1972 isn't included, and it's in a regular keepcase. Are there any other Warner Hammers that aren't included in the box?

2. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

All 6 DVDs in the box are housed in snappers. Blech. The only Warner/Hammer title released so far that isn't in the box is Dracula 1972 A.D... and that is packaged in a keepcase.

Don't let the (crappy) packaging scare you away... these are great films!

3. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    Thanks for the (disappointing) info. Yep, I'm well aware that they're great films, me being a serious Hammer/Lee/Cushing fan from way back, in fact, further back than I'd care to think about. [​IMG]

I wish WB would pair up the remaining films in double features like CURSE/TASTE. What they should have done was pair them up like this:

THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN/FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED
    HORROR OF DRACULA/DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE
    TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA/DRACULA A.D. 1972

That would only leave THE MUMMY. Does WB own any more Hammers that they haven't released?

I hope they at least repress them all with keepcases. And corrected aspect ratios of CURSE and HORROR would be nice too. Oh yeah, and while we're at it, some extras.