The Guys: Sigourney Weaver/Anthony LaPaglia (World Trade Center movie) on DVD Sep 9th

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Johnny G, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

"The story of a fire captain who lost eight men in the collapse of the World Trade Center and the editor who helps him prepare the eulogies he must deliver." (from imdb)

For some reason this only ever screened in 15 theaters across the US but 36% of votes on imdb give it a full 10 out of 10.

Can anyone recommend this movie or are most of these votes from people connected with the movie?

2. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Even in New York, the film came and went so quickly in theaters that I never got a chance to see it. As I recall, the published reviews complained that the film remained stage-bound, which is not surprising given its origin as a simple two-character play. The play was hugely successful off-Broadway and is credited with saving The Flea Theater, one of many small theaters downtown that struggled to survive in the wake of 9/11.

M.

4. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

I look forward to this movie for two reasons...

1) Sigourney Weaver...one of the most underrated actors of our time...she is pure perfection.

2) "The Dawning of The Day" from Mary Fahl used as the theme of the movie...another piece of perfection.

5. Rob P S

Rob P S Screenwriter

rob